November 2013 Moms
Options

Babywearing in the water

TJHineTJHine member
edited May 2014 in November 2013 Moms
Anyone considering getting a wrap that can go in the water for this summer? I've been contemplating it but can't decide if it is worth it or not!
An example:
https://beachfrontbabywraps.com/product/one-size-wrap/

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make it clicky!

Eta: ooh it's clicky, did it all by itself, good little link ;)

Re: Babywearing in the water

• Options
    Dd doesn't weigh anything in the water, and she's having a great time splash splashing around. We bought her a float, but we usually hold her as she tries to wiggle down and luck the water. I would worry about not being able to quickly readjust baby in the wrap. Water can be a bit unpredictable
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    I think it is worth it if you go to the beach a lot, but otherwise probably more hassle than it is worth.  We bought a floaty with a canopy that should fit him this summer and next.  He loves it because he can splash, and we love it because we don't have to hold him the whole time we are in the pool.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It looks like a great idea to me. If I had any intention of being in the water this summer I'd be interested.  
  • Options
    I'm kinda interested in one. I lurked O13 today, and one of them was talking about making their own with sport mesh. If I do it, I will probably just make a ring sling that I can use in the water as well as being cooler for babywearing in the summer.

• Options
    TJHineTJHine member
    Thanks for the input all, I'm still in debate but perhaps leaning toward the not worth it side...instead I'm going to spend my money on cute swim diapers :)
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    Yes @karissa2009 it is similar to the one @Sing2phins posted.  We got ours at Target (I think it's the same brand, slightly different model).  We'll be trying it out this weekend!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TJHineTJHine member
    @JoeLies‌ I bought a baby pool with a canopy for the summer. C and T can splash around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"