February 2015 Moms

Sorry TMI

I'm sorry I know this tmi but has anyone had diarrhea?
I'm only 4-5 weeks and had a bout of it, but it wasn't painful or anything. And before that it was constipation!! I guess it's fluctuating hormones? Just curious if anyone else has experienced it!

Re: Sorry TMI

• I have had some weird BMs (did I really just type that acronym?) too but I think it's nerves with me. Plus, I have slight IBS anyway so it isn't something entirely new either.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• I think the purpose of this board is TMI :) so no need for apologies-- unfortunately I don't have any experience with diarrhea but have been quite gassy!

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Jay_CeeJay_Cee member
    If you think poop is TMI, just wait until we start hearing about mucus plugs. (Sorry, I had to share my "just you wait" thing haha.)

I think it's fairly normal to have your stools change up from whatever your norm is. Personally I'd rather have loose stool than none. ;)

Hope it regulates soon!
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had diarrhea along with nausea for a couple of days, and I am also 4-5 wks. Things have seemed to calm down now though. I read that for some people it comes with morning sickness :)
  • I'm almost 5 weeks and I've had diarrhea for the past 4 days. Morning or night makes no difference. I called my OB and she recommended immodium-ad in moderation and to stay hydrated. She didn't seem too concerned. She also recommended bananas, brown rice and toast but non of that appeals to my appetite right now :(
  • DjinnaGDjinnaG member
    LOL, bananas and toast are two of my major food groups right now.  I've been seriously craving fruit and whole grains, and am just now cluing in that it might have something to do with the cycling between the two digestive extremes.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • Girl, ain't no thang! Sucks, though doesn't it? I've had the hershey squirts every day since DD was born. I drink too much coffee. In fact, I have no idea what role my hormones are playing in anything right now because I never fully got off the hormone rollercoaster after my last pregnancy. 

It gets easier though. 1st tri is the worst because you feel like shit and got nothing to show for it. 
  • Yep - I had the poops for two or three days last week. My normal bowel movements have gotten a lot smaller this weekend though...hopefully the pregnancy constipation hasn't arrived yet!
  • @amt0312‌ ... You are my style. I could roll with you.
  • amt0312 said:

Girl, ain't no thang! Sucks, though doesn't it? I've had the hershey squirts every day since DD was born. I drink too much coffee. In fact, I have no idea what role my hormones are playing in anything right now because I never fully got off the hormone rollercoaster after my last pregnancy. 

It gets easier though. 1st tri is the worst because you feel like shit and got nothing to show for it. 
    I guess I won't be eating Hershey bars for a while.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been super gassy and it seems I can't have a regular BM. Either I have diarrhea or I can't go at all. Frustrating.
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Jay_Cee said:
    Girl, ain't no thang! Sucks, though doesn't it? I've had the hershey squirts every day since DD was born. I drink too much coffee. In fact, I have no idea what role my hormones are playing in anything right now because I never fully got off the hormone rollercoaster after my last pregnancy. 

I guess I won't be eating Hershey bars for a while.
    or hershey's chocolate syrup  ;)
  • Jay_Cee said:
    If you think poop is TMI, just wait until we start hearing about mucus plugs. (Sorry, I had to share my "just you wait" thing haha.) I think it's fairly normal to have your stools change up from whatever your norm is. Personally I'd rather have loose stool than none. ;) Hope it regulates soon!
    I hereby propose that we ban ALL posts re: mucous plugs. 
  • Hi all, I'm from the April 2014 board and as I sit here nursing my 2mo I thought that i would chime in and say that this is normal in the first tri. When you all get your bloodwork done to check iron levels and are instructed to take the prenatals with iron (the non-gummy vitamins) you will have the opposite experience. For that I recommend taking Colace twice a day.

Thanks for letting me crash the party as I try to kill time while he's nursing.
  • Thanks for replying everyone!! :)
    So glad to hear its normal! I only had one episode and now it's better, I guess you never know what your body has in store during pregnancy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"