December 2014 Moms

Miserable, Fever, Nauseated, what to do?

sugarstar1784sugarstar1784 member
edited May 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Hey all, 
So, first thing: I have an SCH that is partially resolved. I'm almost 13 weeks. 
Preface to second thing: I have been nauseated this far but it's a sign that i just need to eat. i eat, feel better, all is well. 
second thing: Yesterday at 5pm I had a fever of 99.1. Now, the medical community states that is not a "fever". However, since I normally run way low, it's a fever to me. Chills, everything. I threw up what little i could eat last night. Took some Tylenol, fever went away. Today, I was super nauseated all through the day, didn't hardly move out of bed, had very little to eat (bread, rice) and am trying to keep drinking fluids. Tonight about 5pm: Fever again. Chills, nearly vomitted. I called my Triage yesterday (which at my doctor's office is who we are supposed to call when the dr office closes) and the nurse  was less than thrilled to speak to me about how its not a big deal and its probably a bug and i don't even really have a fever and blah blah blah. TMI warning: I also haven't really pooped in days. I had a small drip of diarrhea yesterday but other than that: nothing. I do have a hemorrhoid. 
My brain is going crazy, thinking all sorts of horrible thoughts about what's wrong with me. I feel absolutely miserable. Between constant bleeding and now this, I am at my wits end. Aaaand the doctor's won't listen to me when I tell them that something's going on. 
*sigh*  
EDIT: Also lost my health insurance as of today. my lovely ex-employer decided to fire me when i had to go on disability for the SCH. Medicaid isn't going through. 
*Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*

Re: Miserable, Fever, Nauseated, what to do?

• I am sorry you are so miserable. As long as your fever isn't over 101 you and your baby should be fine. Definitely stay hydrated, eat what you can, and take Tylenol as needed.

As far as the constipation goes try milk of magnesia, mirilax, or prunes.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Agree that it sounds viral, something has been going around here lately. But I would think you could also be constipated so try some mirralx and LOTS of fluids. This same thing happened to me Tuesday accually I was severely stopped up and think I'd gotten something viral on top of it. If you aren't keeping fluid in you may need to go into the ER and get some fluids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Kmm1023Kmm1023 member
    Oh it stinks being sick and pregnant! Lots of fluids, Lipton chicken noodle soup is great when you are sick. I was sick last week and the doctor wasn't concerned either! Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • Thank you ladies for the replies. I hope it resolves itself soon. I'm going to try Miralax, I'm just scared of diarreha! 
    *Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*
  • Hope you feel better soon! Ditto what PP said about fluids. If your temp hits 100.4, get yourself to the doctor.

Medicaid is a pain. But, once approved, coverage dates back to the application date, so you'll be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses. Some providers will even hold off on billing you if you have a pending Medicaid application.
  • Oh wow, I didn't know that! That's a big stress off my shoulders in case i do need to get seen. Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"