May 2014 Moms

First father's day

I know we are all tired right now with our new little ones but I still feel like I should try and make an effort for DH s first father's day, what are you all thinking?

Re: First father's day

• GrosskrGrosskr member
    I was going to buy a nice frame for my husband for work. I also want to make a homemade card with little ones footprints that says I love you daddy. The footprints would make a heart.
  • I'm hoping my photographer got a good shot of both girls today at our newborn photoshoot - I'll get a print and frame it for MH to bring to work.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • I need to re-do my DHs D-A-D pics to include DD as well. Aside from that...no clue.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I've been getting him a coffee mug each Father's Day. Will be doing the same this year using the pictures from our newborn shoot. We got a couple if cute ones of both DS and DD. DH loves his photo mugs and won't drink coffee from any if our other mugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is getting a massage. He's been complaining about how much he needs one for the last 6 months.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I found a "walk with me, daddy" poem on Pinterest that I make with LO's foot prints at the bottom and I'll frame that for him
  • cbrustcbrust member
    I got DH an etched beer glass that has a cool design that says "dad" then est. 5.2.14. I figure it's easy to just etch more dates as we hopefully have more kids!
  • I booked a mini photo session for DH and DS for tomorrow. Planning to frame pics from that for him. Plus a card. DH wants to establish a tradition with DS, so I'll let him figure that out on his own.
  • Scheduled a massage for him - that will be a surprise. We'll probably go to lunch somewhere because he loves to go out to eat. And I'll print a newborn photo for his desk at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • ns1ns1 member
    edited May 2014
    Good cologne (I found out why his was making me sick during pregnancy. ..he had it since high school!). And 3 pics in a frame with the kids holding letters D-A-D.

Edit: spelling is hard
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I ordered a coffee mug with a pic of him and DD and it says Dad est. 2014. I am going to put a gift card to a fancy steakhouse he has always wanted to go to inside.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• For DH's first Father's Day (last year), I got him some nice, monogrammed whiskey glasses. DS makes cutesy gifts for Mother's and Father's Days at daycare, so I went with a more practical gift. Not sure what I'll do this year, though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies good ideas, I ordered him a travel mug with baby's picture on it from shutterfly (he mentioned needing a new coffee mug for work last week) and I am going to make him ribs that day
  • I had our photographer do a pic of him with both boys. I'm going to frame it with a mat. On the mat I'm painting "love" with the "o" done as ds1 handprint and the "v" ds2 footprints! Then it will go in his office at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • danabsddanabsd member
    This year I have no clue. 

• I'm doing the d-a-d pics as well and I bought a really cute picture book called daddies do it better. Very cute!

• cnbeancnbean member
    @cbrust Where did you get the etched beer glass? That sounds really awesome.
    image    image

• I think I'm going to go to a pottery place in town and make a grill platter with DDs feet and hands.
    BabyName Ticker
  • cbrustcbrust member
    edited June 2014
    @cnbean on etsy. I'll go find the link..
    Eta: from this shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ScissorMill
    Looks like there is no listing for the glass ATM, but you could probably convo them for it
  • cbrustcbrust member
    @cnbean here's a pic of the one I ordered from them:
  • mcnavamcnava member
    I took the deciding out of my hands...I sgined him up for a 3 month subscription to loot crate.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm going to go to a pottery place in town and make a grill platter with DDs feet and hands.

I like this idea! I just saw a place near me that is a pottery painting store. Might have to take my girls there and do a grill platter with their feet and hands as well :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Last year DD did the D-A-D pics. This year not sure what we'll do.
  • cnbeancnbean member
    Thanks @cbrust I'll have to check it out!
    image    image

• I'm taking care of DD while he has friends over
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"