Parenting

Awkward/annoying convo with another mom

DS is in Kindergarten. He is also on a local little league team. I went to his school to pick him up at the end of the day today. There were 4 other moms there waiting with me and we were all talking about upcoming baseball games (and how long and tedious they can be). And then one mom (Michelle) says: Michelle: well, my son didn't have a good season because at the first game of the season, YOUR son told him he was "out" and it got him so upset that we could hardly get him to participate in any other games (Note: The boys are on different teams and were playing against each other. There are no outs in their league, but DS didn't get that yet since it was the first game) The lady said this in front of a group of other moms, which made me uneasy... And defensive. So I said: "So you are saying my kid traumatized your kid?" Michelle: "basically, yeah" Me: "Well, There's no crying in baseball" I felt kinda bad after... But... Don't publicly talk shit about my kid. Who is nuttier... Me or her?

Re: Awkward/annoying convo with another mom

• I don't care about the league... Just... Don't talk about my kid
  • Was her kid out of there had been outs? This is pretty important.
    I did not even know this happened. She just brought this crazy shit up today
  • Loading the player...
  • You shoulda just punched her, right in her stupid face. 

• I don't know I give you kuddos, I would have kept my mouth shut had your son said something to my kid, I mean theyre kids. But I mean if she wants to open pandoras box with you then yeah, the cards are in table, lady is gonna get what she dishes out lol
  • I feel like being with family has made me miss some things....

Anyway.
    I'd have felt badly that a small misunderstanding meant her son didn't want to play. I might have been annoyed that she blamed my kid in front of others but I'd also figure other moms would think she was being overdramatic too and would've just said my son didn't know about the outs in the first game and something like "poor [your kid's name]! I'm sorry he had a rough season and a misunderstanding upset him so much."

image image
  • So, my coworker coaches a kids' soccer team, and all the moms flirt with him, like hardcore. 
    ...the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"