Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone doing E.A.S.Y. (Baby Whisperer) with their baby?

What has your experience been like? Are you cluster feeding?

Re: Anyone doing E.A.S.Y. (Baby Whisperer) with their baby?

• cnbeancnbean member
    This saved my sanity with my first son! We are using it from the get go with this kid. We don't do the cluster feeding yet, he still a little young to try and get him to sleep through the night. Once we hit 6 weeks though I will do it. 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cnbeancnbean member
    @haygurlhay Do you even know what the EASY schedule is? Because its all about meeting my infants needs and not about training them at all.
    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • What's EASY stand for? What's the cluster feeding? I just had my first son April 2014 and I'm going insane
  • flclflcl member
    @mapost13: Congrats!  EASY stands for Eat Activity Sleep/Your time.  I don't know at what age you're suppose to start it, how long each session is suppose to be, I never implemented any sort of schedule, as much as I wanted to.  I thought it was best to follow my baby's cues and what he needed, especially when he was so young.  If he was hungry, I BF him, if he was tired, I put him down to sleep, etc...  He more or less doing the eat, activity, sleep thing on his own.  My LO is almost 3 months and he still isn't on a schedule.  He more has routines that we follow based on his needs.

Cluster feeding is just what it sounds like... the baby eats frequently, it feels like he's eating all the time.  My little guy would eat almost every hour for a day or two.  This happens when the baby is going through growth spurts and it helps your body establish its milk supply.  GL!
  • katlaikatlai member
    Sorry that people are choosing to be judgemental here. I would love to hear about your experience with your first and what you've been doing so far with your new infant. Thanks.
  • hordolhordol member
    I agree about EASY being more of a routine than a schedule, so it is a shame that some people come bearing harsh judgement without understanding it.

I don't/didn't intentionally do this with my son, he got into it on his own. Sometimes we do EAESY because I like to nurse him to sleep if he is a but overtired/stimulated. Sometimes he will go right back to sleep and a diaper change is all the activity he gets for that round. I'm very flexible with it since it really wasn't my intention to try EASY, but it is working well for us as is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• We tried easy with our LO from the get go. At about 6 weeks I realized that it wasn't right for our babe for two reasons.
    One... I couldn't get him to sleep. Period. And as a new mom I felt guilty if I wasn't trying to put him down awake, which was so hard for my newborn.
    Two... It kept the feeding too far from his sleep time that his naps were short. So I do a version of awake-eat-awake-sleep. And I help him fall asleep either by rocking or a swing. (he's a motion junkie!)
  • flclflcl member
    I should also say that sometimes it isn't EAS. Sometimes it's EAES (longer than usual awake time) or EASAE (shorter than usual nap), or some other variation. I plan for EAS, but I really just let her tell me what she needs.
    Agree... my guy usually does the EAES or some variation.  He is the tiniest boss I've ever had!
  • What kind of activity are you incorporating for the newborns?  
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    I did EASY, or more like EAESY, with my son. As soon as he woke, I fed him, we'd play, and if he was hungry again I'd feed him again. Then he'd sleep. It worked great for us. I don't know when we started this, probably more my son falling into this routine, but it worked fantastic for babysitters too because I didn't have set times for anything. I just said when he wakes up, feed him and keep him awake for X number of hours, feed him again and put him to sleep. X number of hours being his average awake time for that age.

He still kind of does this to this day. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"