Calendula diaper cream? — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

Calendula diaper cream?

Anyone know is this is CD safe? My mom bought us a sample pack of calendula products, but I don't want to use the diaper cream if it's going to ruin the diapers.

I normally use coconut oil, but it doesn't seem to be helping A's rash on her tush (she's 10 days old, so I figure it's just from pooping constantly).

Anyone a calendula expert?
                      PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Calendula diaper cream?

• It would depend on the other ingredients. I know cod liver oil or any other kind of fish oils are a no no and I think zinc oxide is iffy?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    bumpuser9353653
  • Apparently paraffin, petroleum anything, and mineral oil are also bad.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Looks like zinc oxide is the active ingredient. Also has beeswax, flower extracts, and a bunch of oils (clary sage, sesame seed, lavender, orange, etc.)

So I guess that's a no-go for the CDs?
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• It's iffy. What brand is it? I've used weleda with my cd without problem and I like the California baby calendula cream (different then they're diaper cream!) a lot too. I think calendula works really well on rashes! You could do a little spot test and see if it causes a waterproof spot that won't wash out.
    bumpuser9353653
  • It's Weleda. I saw online that it's recommended with a liner. I'll probably try it out and see if creates a spot. Thanks!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• They have a non diaper cream calendula cream, too, that may not have zinc oxide. It's awesome diaper cream!
    bumpuser9353653
  • They have a non diaper cream calendula cream, too, that may not have zinc oxide. It's awesome diaper cream!

The body cream?
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Yeah. It didn't used to be called that but that looks like what I have.
  • Good to know it can be used for diaper cream. I loved it for when DD's skin got really dry, so I bought a full sized tube of it.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I have no problem using it ( yet). It seems fine on pockets without a liner. I haven't tried it on the TT yet because they are too expensive for an "oops, that didn't work". This is our second tube and we started using it without a liner a few months ago. Calendula is really good for calming skin.

bumpuser9353653
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards