1st Trimester

Vitamin D deficient

Anyone else vitamin d deficient? When was it discovered? What were you told to do? My midwife called me this morning since my lab work came back. Level was at 15.8 and should be way above 30. Need to take 4000 iu of d3 a day and will test again at 28 weeks.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Vitamin D deficient

• I was found to be Vit D deficient before TTC. It's no big deal, many people are. I just take the supplement and it hasn't popped in bloodwork since.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • myatalamyatala member
    I was Vit D deficient in my 2nd pregnancy. My care provider told me what dosage they wanted me to take and we rechecked my level later in the pregnancy. It's a really easy thing to treat. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • mysticlmysticl member
    Mine was discovered several years ago when I was having health issues.  My level was about a 6.  I was put on 50,000 IU three times a week.  When my levels got better I moved to 50,000 IU once a week.  Then I moved to OTC supplements.  I take 2000 IU a day now.  
  • Yes, dr prescribed a 3 month vitamin..it was easy to take with zero side effects..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for insight. I just started the Vitamin D a few days ago but already feeling a difference in my energy levels which is a good thing! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"