March 2014 Moms
Options

Fighting sleep?

LO is 9 weeks today. Up until a few days ago, she would fall asleep for naps and nighttime with the 5 s's. Usually took around 15-20 minutes. For the last few days, she has been FREAKING OUT with this. Legit yelling and screaming and flailing and writhing- movements and sounds that never occur any other time. Sucking on the binky like her life depends on it. Spitting the binky out and crying. So I think she's still hungry maybe. I nurse her and she nurses for a few minutes then falls asleep. Take the boob out and within minutes she's up doing the same thing.
Is this a new normal phase? Am I too late/early to her tired cues? Did I likely miss a burp or something?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fighting sleep?

• Options
    I go through this sometimes. Except dd won't suck a binky so if I'm not her pacifier she's screaming! I think sometimes she's overtired and goes nuts until she finally goes down. Could that be the problem with your lo?
  • Options

I go through this sometimes. Except dd won't suck a binky so if I'm not her pacifier she's screaming! I think sometimes she's overtired and goes nuts until she finally goes down. Could that be the problem with your lo?

Definitely could be the problem. Just wish I knew for sure. Tonight I resorted to nursing to sleep and then putting her in her swing for awhile until she was good and in a deep sleep. Thanks for responding and glad to know it sounds familiar to someone :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KTdid81KTdid81 member
    This is us EVERY night. It's flipping exhausting. Every night is a fight until 1130. My LO is 9 weeks and we've been fighting sleep for about 5 weeks now.
    My advice: do what works. If you have to nurse to sleep or use the swing that's fine. Save your sanity and make it as painless as possible.
    Usually for us what works is being in a dark room, away from too much stimulation, with a sound machine, nursing, and rocking. But then again....we've been doing this for weeks and it's still not getting an easier.
    I hope that yours is just a phase and goes away soon.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• Options
    KTdid81 said:
    This is us EVERY night. It's flipping exhausting. Every night is a fight until 1130. My LO is 9 weeks and we've been fighting sleep for about 5 weeks now. My advice: do what works. If you have to nurse to sleep or use the swing that's fine. Save your sanity and make it as painless as possible. Usually for us what works is being in a dark room, away from too much stimulation, with a sound machine, nursing, and rocking. But then again....we've been doing this for weeks and it's still not getting an easier. I hope that yours is just a phase and goes away soon.
    Thank you for commiserating! Last night I did end up nursing to a deeper sleep after like three tries, then put her in the swing for an hour. Got her good and asleep, then brought her upstairs to her PnP with me when I went to bed. I so don't want to get into bad habits. It doesn't help that just this week my pedi said to start putting her down drowsy but awake! I'm like "No we're going in the opposite direction!" Anways, hope yours ends soon too! It doesn't seem a lot are dealing with this?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"