October 2013 Moms
Options

Video Baby Monitor

I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm mobile and don't want to search. So, recommend your baby monitors and include pros and cons. TIA!

Re: Video Baby Monitor

• Options
    That Motorola but the newer version has a bigger screen and can be moved remotely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Motorola wifi one (no idea on model number)

Pro: no monitor to charge it works off and iphone app, tells you temp in room, zoom, pan, tilt options,night vision, you can talk and play music through it if you want.

Con: people think wifi is sketchy, sometimes a truck driving by makes the noise alert go off
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this one: https://www.diapers.com/p/motorola-mbp26-video-monitor-973432?noappbanner=true&utm_source=Diapers_SG&utm_medium=PDP_SG&utm_campaign=di-sg-to-mobile

Pros: it's not that pricey, it's got a clear image for both day and nighttime, you can pair more than one camera, I can zoom and talk to him in it
    Cons, the camera doesn't move around, I wish the monitor was a little bigger

Ditto this (we have the 2 camera version). I agree with everything she said. Plus, The battery usually doesn't last all night, but perhaps it's because I have it switching between both girls rooms every 5 seconds and I don't keep it on the charger.

• Options
    We have the Infant Optics DXR-5. No problems so far, its been great. The monitor doesn't move around but the way we angle it she is at least a little in view no matter where she rolls to.
  • Options
    ballygirlballygirl member
    edited May 2014
    We didn't get an actual baby monitor but instead got a wi-fi camera called Dropcam. We can check it on our phones which is nice. It also has sound and you can talk through it. I sneak peeks of them during their naps when I'm at work. We positioned it up high so we can see both cribs with it.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    ballygirl said:
    We didn't get an actual baby monitor but instead got a wi-fi camera called Dropcam. We can check it on our phones which is nice. It also has sound and you can talk through it. I sneak peeks of them during their naps when I'm at work. We positioned it up high so we can see both cribs with it.
    A friend of mine recommended this. It is a much less expensive option. I probably would have gone with this but we received a Motorola as a gift. We have the one where you can move the camera remotely and you can pair more than one camera.

No real cons so far.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    We also have the dropcam and it was great for the first few months but sometimes the image is blurry. While I first loved that it was wifi based, when the power and internet were out I didnt love it as much since it didn't work.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Motorola, not sure of the model number. It has a really nice image, scans the room, and has a great sound quality. I am one of those people skeeved out by wifi so I like that it pairs with the parent base and cannot be paired with anything else. Cons include short battery life (I just plug it in every night before going to bed) and no room temp (don't know why my particular model doesn't have that feature).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"