April 2014 Moms
Options

Is anyone out of sorts?

Does anyone else feel disconnected/ out of sorts? I feel like I'm not sleeping regularly, then when I do I dream vividly so sometimes- like today- ill wake up from a nap wondering how I fit in to the 'real' world. Also, I suppose the total unreal ness of maternity leave( even though I love it) contributes to this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone out of sorts?

• Options
    I have been having crazy, vivid (and strange) dreams and wake up thinking it was real. I thought the crazy dreams were only during pregnancy!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know about it being related to sleep deprivation. It could be. I try to get out a lot too, but I still have these dreams. It is also a different experience when I do get out because I'm creatively bf'ng LO. So, I feel like my experience going out is very different from the other people around me.

• Options
    I feel very disconnected... And isolated.

I had dreams about the zombie apocalypse last night and that my husband was dating another girl. And expected me to be cool with it.
  • Options
    I've been cooped up at home the last couple of days so I understand what you mean about feeling out of sorts. But getting out every day does make me feel better and more normal. And I've been having wacky dreams.

• Options
    I feel very disconnected too. Between lack of sleep and being in the house day and night, I feel very out of it. Next week LO gets her vaccinations so we will be able to go out a bit more, but she's still always so fussy/crying so I guess we shall see.
  • Options
    It didn't hit me how disconnected and isolated I felt until the first time I left the house. I feel like I'm living in a bubble.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    LaNorteLaNorte member
    @Acers I do that too, every single night, and we've had DS in the crib from day 1 so I don't know why I look for him in the bed! Yeah, I feel out of sorts too, but I'm pretty sure it's lack of sleep. And eating poorly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I dreamt that I am pregnant with twin girls!!! I woke up from that dream practically sweating & screaming.

Now that I'm back at work, I was starting to feel normal again (during the commute in) but I felt like a rambling idiot when I was trying to have a conversation. It seemed so unnatural to not be communicating by making faced, sounds, and sticking my tongue out.
  • Options
    I definitely have days where I am feeling disconnected/isolated.  I am pretty introverted and don't need a ton of social time.  Even I have my limits, though!  I still don't go out with the baby a ton yet, maybe a few times a week.  When I do, I find myself engaging in a lot more small talk with cashiers and such than I normally would.  Adult interaction!!!  I will take any and all!

Yesterday one of my more annoying neighbors came knocking.  Pre-baby, I would cringe, but I was all "Come in! Come in!  Coffee? Tea?"

I'm trying to join one or two moms' groups during my remaining maternity leave, so hopefully I can connect with some more people!
  • Options
    I just want to thank you for sharing your experiences with me- it really helps to know I'm not alone. I feel like sometimes I don't want to call a friend because acheduling is hard and I'm likely to miss a set time to do anything because it takes me so long to get out of the house/ shop/ do anything because I have to breastfeed, change, etc.
    it is good to be able to check in with you guys about this.

• Options
    I'm so thankful for my dog, I have to get out and walk her rain or shine at least three times a day before my husband gets home from work. But our pram has a rain cover and I have a good rain jacket.

I've also had no choice but to walk from the moment I could. Day 2 after emergency cs, because I knew I was going to have to do most things on my own.

But i feel isolated from real life, well life as it was pre-baby. Non of my friends have kids either so it's even harder.
  • Options
    I'm certain I've gone completely batshit crazy. And maggot dreams are not fun.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel very isolated and lost. I love my lil guy more than anything, but I am having a very difficult time sitting in my house and caring for a tiny human all day and all night.
  • Options
    My whole life is out of sorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"