October 2014 Moms

AW: Finally found an apartment!

After a few months of looking it seems like we've finally found an apartment to accomodate our growing family in Kyiv.  You can't imagine what the market is like here. Even those that have been recently renovated look like they are either designed for a 19th century tsar or a 20th century Soviet babushka.  But finally we found a nice modern 3 bedroom apartment with cream walls (peach and sea foam green seem to be favorites here), hardwood floors and a living room lined with windows in a new building.  As a bonus, the building has its own children's playground outside with an area for toddlers. Now I just need my placenta to move so I can stop worrying about a trip back to the states and start to relax and enjoy this pregnancy again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: Finally found an apartment!

• Wow...that sounds great!  Congrats and good luck with the move - and placenta ;)
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Sounds like an awesome place!! Congratulations, and I'll send ya good, move placenta vibes...whatever those are  :D

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like at great place. Congrats
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    Sounds like a great place! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• SusieBWSusieBW member
    Yay!  Congrats and good luck.
  • ANGnJONANGnJON member
    Sounds perfect, congrats!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Shall we do a placenta please move rain dance?  Congrats on finding a new place to live, I can't imagine how stressful that had to be!
  • Yay! That's great!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Talkativ15, in terms of permanently coming back, probably in about 3-5 years, but we likely wouldn't stay in Ukraine that long.  Maybe another year or two here, and 2 years at another post and then home. Life with young kids is just so much more affordable/easier overseas that it would be hard to come back before we have school-aged kids. If I need to come back because of the previa I'd likey come between 28-30 week, and stay til about LO is 4-6 weeks old and then head back here.

• MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    That sounds really nice! Speaking if apartments in that part of the world, I've been listening to the NPR Kitchen Sisters series on Soviet-era apartments and kitchens (although I think they were primarily focusing on Moscow kitchens). And I spend a lot of time at my job watching people remodel their histoiric homes to accomodate modern lifestyles. It's really interesting to see the way homes have changed over the decades and centuries.
  • Sounds like a great place!! Glad you found one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Yay for a place to live!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsL2B said:
    That sounds really nice! Speaking if apartments in that part of the world, I've been listening to the NPR Kitchen Sisters series on Soviet-era apartments and kitchens (although I think they were primarily focusing on Moscow kitchens). And I spend a lot of time at my job watching people remodel their histoiric homes to accomodate modern lifestyles. It's really interesting to see the way homes have changed over the decades and centuries.
    Sounds interesting @MrsL2B, I'll need to find it online!

• Even those that have been recently renovated look like they are either designed for a 19th century tsar or a 20th century Soviet babushka.  
    Girl I hear ya!! Subsitute "18th century tenant farmer or a 1960s "Argo" inspired interior" and you've got what we've been looking at for several months.  We just moved this past weekend and it really has lifted such a weight!!! Hopefully your good luck will move down to that pesky placenta soon.  (As mentioned already I don't want to lose my EU buddy!!!) :)

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats! That sounds like a pretty awful rental market ;)

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"