October 2014 Moms

Compression Hose and Maternity Belts

At my last appiontment I was given prescriptions for a maternity belt and compression hose. I never wore either for my previous pregnancies, and my insurance won't cover them so I'd have to pay out of pocket for them.
SO, have any of you tried them? Have any recommendations? Could you live without? 
BabyFruit Ticker 
Married 8/09 to my love
Our little shamrocks:
M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

Re: Compression Hose and Maternity Belts

• I have a pair of compression hose, but I only wore them when I was flying transatlantic at 30 weeks. I think they'd be unbearable hot in the summer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wear compression hose every day that I work. I work 13 hour days as a busy ICU nurse. If I don't wear them then I have swollen legs by the end of my shift.
  • Loading the player...
  • lrobi13lrobi13 member

The nurse told me today I should try a maternity belt.  I slept funny last night and all day I have felt pressure in my stomach and almost feels like I pulled something.  If I don't feel better by Sunday I may go buy one to see if it helps.

• I've worn compression hose at work, and they can be uncomfy. But as I get further along I plan to wear them at least at work with the belt for my back.
  • I used the jobst brand with my last pregnancy.

• I had a lot of pain in my back and stomach last pregnancy and the dr told me at 39 weeks that a support belt would help (after having pain from 20 weeks on). This time I went and bought one at 17 weeks. I don't wear it all the time but it does help when I do. I tried on a motherhood maternity one and it was SUPER uncomfortable! I then tried on the Belly Bandit and it feels much better. It isn't perfect but it helps and is better than the other options. The nice thing about the Belly Bandit is you can turn it around after you deliver and it holds your tummy in so it can heal. It also has a pocket where you can put a heat or cold pack. It was expensive($70) but I think it's worth it to avoid that pain I had last time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"