1st Trimester

Question

I just had my first Appointment yesterday and they did all the normal stuff (took blood, Urine, Medical History, Physical) but they said they don't look for the heartbeat until 12 weeks. Is that uncommon? I know one of my friends got to see the heartbeat at 9 weeks but she did have some other medical things going on. I was a little bummed but maybe its common. My first Ultrasound is set for the 20th of June ( I will be 13 weeks) and there I will of course get to see the baby.

Thank you!

BabyFetus Ticker
Samuel Jacob 
Due 2/16/17

Re: Question

• Thank you! I appreciate your response. Yes I would probably be a nervous wreck if they said they couldn't find it so I will just be patient.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• I didn't even get my first appt until 13 weeks. Even then, my OB couldn't find a HB with the doppler. Luckily I had a dating ultrasound the following day... longest 24 hours of my life.
  • Loading the player...
  • SpeshulSpeshul member
    I saw the "flicker" of the heart in an ultrasound at my first appt before 12 weeks. Then later they used the doppler. I'm not much help, I can't remember the timeline well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kittyangel929 - I went through the same hub bub, mine is not till 10 weeks. I thought it was going to be 8 weeks like I was told it would be and what do you know my doctor at 6 wks was like no no, 10 weeks. BAH!  I hate waiting....

It seems to be somethign that happens to a lot of women. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mysticlmysticl member
    I had a dating ultrasound today and they were able to detect the heartbeat on that.  I'm 10 weeks 4 days.  
  • I guess every place is different. I didn't even get offered an Ultrasound until 13 weeks. I will just have to patient I guess.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• I'm not sure what the standard is.  It seems to be different with different doctors and with different pregnancies.  I had an u/s at 7weeks3 days and they saw the heartbeat, but they had not been planning on doing an u/s that day.  I actually called ahead a few days prior to the appointment and asked if I could please schedule an u/s the day of my appointment because I'd been having some spotting.  They got me on the schedule, but had I not called, I wouldn't have seen the baby or the heartbeat that early.

Then I switched clinics because I didn't like the first clinic.  When I went to my first appointment at the new clinic, they didn't do an u/s but they do not have the equipment to do it and would need to send me to another location to do the u/s.  I suppose they might not have seen the point in doing that now because I just had one done two weeks ago at the other clinic and then I am having one next week at my Maternity21 test. 

• I didn't get to see or hear his heartbeat until 12 weeks with the Doppler. I also didn't have an ultrasound until 20 weeks and that was the only one I got through my doctor. It really depends on your doctor!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"