October 2013 Moms

T&Ps Please

So I got an email this morning from my mom that my grandfather(her dad) isn't doing very well.  He has been in a care home for a few years and I guess now they have gotten hospice care involved.  At first it was just to help with his meds and see if they could improve his quality of life.  Hospice care isn't always the end, but now it seems like hospice will be more of a make him comfortable while the inevitable happens.  He really started declining after my grandmother passed away.  He spent every ounce of energy he had trying to take care of her and stopped taking care of himself and it really worn him down.

Now this is going to sound horrible, but I hope that if/when he passes it happens fast.  My mom has been his support for the past couple years when she moved him to the town where they are living.  Worrying about him has caused her a lot of stress and I know she hates seeing her father like this.  I know that once he is gone she will have a weight lifted off her shoulders and she will know he is finally at peace.  It's horrible to wish death for anyone but I know his time is soon and for my moms sake and health I hope it happens with little drama that will make her stress to the point where she gets ill.

So any thoughts and prayers you have to spare would be great.  My grandfather has met both of his great grandchildren, but probably doesn't remember DD2 very much because he only met her at Christmas and his memory wasn't the greatest then.  I know he took pride in DD1 before his health started to decline.  At least he was able to meet them both and know that he has two wonderful great granddaughters.

Re: T&Ps Please

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"