Breastfeeding

PSA: If you exclusively pump...

Hi.  I have a preemie currently in the hospital and have been suffering with inflamed nipples due to exclusively pumping round the clock... They're so bad, red, cracked, bruised... and PAINFUL!

PUMPING PALS have been a lifesaver!  My nipples are starting to heal and I'm getting more milk.  I'm experiencing less pain and pumping is not horrible.

I wish I had purchased pumping pals sooner. 

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Great reviews on Amazon... and I find it to be fantastic as well.  Ameda and Medela should redesign their flanges because they are too uncomfortable in comparison. :)  I love my new flanges.
Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
5 DIUI - BFN
IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image imageimageimageimage

Re: PSA: If you exclusively pump...

• I use them, too. THey are FANTASTIC!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Sorry if this is a stupid question. I was not successful BF my first, but hope to with DS#2. I will eventually go back to work around 12 weeks, so I will hopefully be pumping frequently.....

What is the difference between these and the ones that came w/pump? Are they softer? Angled? Thanks for the recommendation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • JustGoWithIt said:
    What is the difference between these and the ones that came w/pump? Are they softer? Angled? Thanks for the recommendation!
    They are not softer, but they are angled and have ridges inside.

I personally found them incredibly uncomfortable, because my nipples prefer to go straight than at the bizarre angle the pumpin pals forces them into. I used them twice, was in significant pain, and called the company to complain.

The good news is that they have a very generous return policy if they don't work for you.
    The angle is one of my favorite features since i can lean back and still pump.  I don't have to be sitting upright or leaning forward. 

These don't have the pronounced ridge that creates so much friction that the Ameda flanges have.  Medela's isn't quite so pronounced, but still so uncomfortable.  That's why Pumping Pals flanges are so good, they are smooth.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"