February 2015 Moms

couple of questions

What is this bloat I'm hearing about??? Also, what kind of diet is everyone on? I am over weight now, and was trying to lose weight/work out. I do not want to stop working out because I want a really healthy pregnancy. I know the main stuff not to eat (sushi, lunch meat), I don't want to "diet". I just want to eat healthy. I know the weight will come, but I want pregnancy weight, not burritos and ice cream weight. :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: couple of questions

• jdono1jdono1 member
    For me the bloat is when I can't suck in my belly anymore. As far as diet I try to just eat balanced meals. I do snack during the day to try and keep the MS away. But I try to have healthy snacks like a banana or an apple. Although now that you mentioned ice cream I want some lol :)
  • In my previous pregnancy, the bloat was bad when my MS was bad and I couldn't really stomach much water.

As for diet, same as PP - healthy, balanced meals and snacks.  I find that eating smaller meals really helps with the nausea actually.  Regarding working out, talk to your doctor, but if you've been working out prior to getting pregnant, there's no reason why you can't continue to do so, with some possible modifications.  I worked out through my pregnancy with DS and I think it helped me to have a relatively easy pregnancy (MS aside) and a pretty quick recovery.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • Agreed with pp. Keep it healthy and do exercise in moderation. Take breaks when you need to and drink tons of water.

It is a total misconception that you "eat for two". You need approximately 200-500 extra calories (can't remember what stat is right) which is like a small snack. A cheese stick and some crackers. Not another hamburger. :P

I'm overweight and with my first I gained 30lbs and lost it all within a week because I didn't over eat during pregnancy (and my son was huge! 10.5lbs!). Now because of breastfeeding a bit of diet I'm about 10ish pounds under my prepreg weight.
    BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • PeziPezi member
    Bloat for me happens when I am feeling gassy and my tummy won't suck in. And just eat healthy if you are having a bottomless pit day go for salads, fruits, yogurts, a bowl of healthy cereal instead of chips and such. And every once in awhile splurge on a milkshake or something you really want.

I am overweight too but have been doing weight watchers. I am going to stick with it roughly but put it in maintain mode vs losing weight. 
    BFP: 5/23/14 Baby #2 (It's a Girl!: Madeline Jenny):
    Brooklyn Elise: 
    imageimageimage

• My bloat at the end if day makes me look 5 months pregnant. But by morning it's gone. I'm very thin so it does show easily for me.

I'm on a see-food and eat it diet most of the time so I'm no help in that department. I gained 30lbs the first time around. I do avoid lunch meats, soft cheese like Brie and raw or undercooked meats. You can still eat sushi it just has to be the cooked things. Some people don't consider it necessary to cut these things out at all so it's a personal choice. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mishka29‌ I'm pretty sure as long as the soft cheese is being sold in a store and not home made you should be fine. All cheese has to be pasteurized to be sold. It's the homemade mozzarella cheese as such that you have to worry about.
    BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The bloat with DD1 was awful! Had me in maternity clothes at 7 weeks. I gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy but I really wasn't eating awful. One thing my doctor warned me about was cereal, or other grains. If you tend to eat it frequently...It can quickly pile up!

BabyFruit Ticker

• mahalo3mahalo3 member
    Thanks for all the input! I'm going to just keep doing what I am doing!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mishka29‌ I'm pretty sure as long as the soft cheese is being sold in a store and not home made you should be fine. All cheese has to be pasteurized to be sold. It's the homemade mozzarella cheese as such that you have to worry about.

I think any of the mold ripened cheese fall into the category as well, like Brie. At least from what I've read.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"