November 2013 Moms

Laundry Tips?

Anyone have any tips for removing stains from baby clothes? Specifically chocolate? I can't seem to get it thru Tim's head to stop giving Layla tastes of ice cream, and one of her (my) favorite dresses ended up with chocolate all over it. I tried Shout, Biz, and Fels Naptha and no dice. He is under advisory to STOP with the ice cream or else!

Also, any advice on carrot or sweet potato stains?

Re: Laundry Tips?

• @Bsmithmi‌ that sounds like the Fels Naptha. Is it yellow/orange?

• Loading the player...
  • Oxyclean here too! I just soak until gone... Helps if I can get it soaking right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lemon juice and sun:)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tmgs2013 said:

Lemon juice and sun:)

It is colored, would that cause it to fade/bleach?

• sarenu1sarenu1 member
    edited May 2014
    Tmgs2013 said:

Wash the clothes first, lay it out to sun.

It gets poop stains out of cloth diapers. And by stains I mean several month old stains.
  • cagoldicagoldi member
    sarenu1 said:

Tmgs2013 said:

Wash the clothes first, lay it out to sun.

It gets poop stains out of cloth diapers. And by stains I mean several month old stains.
    This is what DH does when Sinny throws up on a blanket, rug, or pillow and it does help.
  • https://mylifeinpink-kim.blogspot.com/2012/08/pinterest-for-win.html?m=1
    I pinned this on Pinterest but haven't used it yet. Worth a shot though!
  • mmm50mmm50 member
    Buncha Farmers stain stick (you can buy it on Amazon) and sun.  It gets the stains out of my cloth diapers and anything else I have had stains on.  I swear it is magic.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJHineTJHine member
    Blue dawn dish soap works well on poop! Might work on chocolate too!
  • Thanks everyone! I never really think to use the sun on colored things, but I'll give it a shot. I'll add the other products to my shopping list as I'm sure I will be battling stains for many years to come!

• I usually put anything with stains in a bucket with oxy and hot water then wash. If it doesn't come out the I stick it in the sun. There are also stain removers specifically for chocolate, blood, grass, etc. I think walmart carries them.

• cagoldicagoldi member
    @mskatiep‌ I know you weren't asking about blood but since @babymama619‌ mentioned it, and we'll all have kids with a skinned knee or nosebleed eventually, salt and cold water works.

You soak the spot with cold water and pour salt on and rub it in then rinse. Obviously this is only something you'd want to do on durable fabrics.
  • TJHineTJHine member
    cagoldi said:

@mskatiep‌ I know you weren't asking about blood but since @babymama619‌ mentioned it, and we'll all have kids with a skinned knee or nosebleed eventually, salt and cold water works.

You soak the spot with cold water and pour salt on and rub it in then rinse. Obviously this is only something you'd want to do on durable fabrics.

Know what also (weirdly) works with blood? Shampoo! It's bizarre but it totally works and you don't have to scrub a ton either!
  • My go to is dish soap, soak then wash in warm water. Also I love my spray and wash. I've also used a baking soda and water paste that works really well. Just apply and leave on for a little bit (30 ish minutes) then throw in the wash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"