November 2013 Moms

Bug Spray

We like to sit outside in the evenings and (thanks to my neighbor's nonfunctioning garden pond with stagnant water) the mosquitos are starting to get bad. Any suggestions on safe effective bug spray to use on infants?

Re: Bug Spray

• I used babygantics from bru over the weekend and worked pretty well! My pedi said Off was fine to use but I feel more comfortable with the babygantics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are going to try California baby. Don't have any good feedback for you yet but at least it's another brand you can research.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • JLS&CSLJLS&CSL member
    We use honest co. & it works great!
  • I asked the pedi at 6 mo. She said up to 20% deet is ok after baby is 6 mo. I'd rather use that than risk west nile. Is LO in the stroller? How about a stoller mosquito net? I got on for evenings walks for $5 on amazon,

• Fwiw the deep woods one I have is 15%

• Kim22Kim22 member
    My mother swears by lemongrass lotion so I tried it on myself last year and it seemed to work. Haven't tried anything on LO yet.
  • This reminded me I need to get some bug spray. Gah! I seem to always attract all the bugs that bite, I hope I didn't pass whatever it is that makes me so appealing to those damn bugs to G.

• Karadee1 said:

This reminded me I need to get some bug spray. Gah! I seem to always attract all the bugs that bite, I hope I didn't pass whatever it is that makes me so appealing to those damn bugs to G.

Me too! I don't know why I seem to taste so good.
  • sands42sands42 member
    At the very least try to find something deet free. Deet is no good.
  • I have some friends who swear by essential oils, so I am planning on trying some of the essential oil blends (Doterra makes one called Terrashield). If those don't work, I'll look into the Babyganics one - I didn't even know they made one!
  • We have our property treated for mosquitoes and it's very helpful. It can be a little pricey, but if it makes a difference in whether or not you can enjoy your home...I guess it is worth it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"