September 2012 Moms
Options

Quick poll:Tooth Fairy

What is the going rate near you? Ds lost his first tooth today. <:-P :((
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Quick poll:Tooth Fairy

• Options
    I don't know these days. But when I lost teeth, my dad did dollar bills. My aunt and uncle would give tens. But that's a whole different story.

I think a dollar is great!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    We leave $2. I know she gets more at her moms house though so I try to make it fun, gold dollars, half dollars, all quarters etc.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We always got two Susan B Anthony dollars and two quarters. I think we will do that, too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Lol. I got quarters. My tooth fairy was frugal.

• Options
    We did $5 for Coles first tooth, and then dollar coins afterward!
  • Options
    I used to get 50 cents and a dollar for front teeth. I think a dollar is plenty, even with inflation :-)

• Options
    linzeek44 said:
    Lol. I got quarters. My tooth fairy was frugal.
    Ha!  I was starting to think I was the only one!  We got a quarter a tooth.  I thought $1 was going to be a huge upgrade...now I'm not thinking so.  :)

At 4 DS1 loves getting pennies for things.  I'm going to be sad when he realizes how little a penny is worth.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Ooh @OceanLover26 brought up a good point. The tooth fairy paid less for teeth with cavities and such. We went through a big phase where brushing his teeth was like....pulling teeth. He got a few cavities, and I think he may have only gotten a quarter for those ones. 
  • Options
    miss50miss50 member

Well, here it depends on the size of the tooth.  I tell my boys the fairy will take a look at how well he took care of the tooth and how much it weighs on her fairy scale.  (They are totally into the tooth fairy)   I usually give a dollar or two.  And once they start losing teeth, it's on.  DS1 lost 3 in a week last month!  One of which was at school during snack time.  :) 

Excellent idea. Keeps them brushing good too.

• Options
    I have no idea but I can't see us giving more than $1.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I went with three gold "doubloons" since it was the first tooth. My mom did quarters too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jenndubjenndub member
    I give $5 a tooth. Enough to buy a small toy.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I have no idea but I can't see us giving more than $1.
    This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got random amounts of change that my mom  the toothfairy could afford at the time. 

I have no idea what we'll do. I just realized that DS will have one less tooth to lose than everyone else.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $1.00!
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    L8kissie said:
    Thanks, guys. I went with three gold "doubloons" since it was the first tooth. My mom did quarters too.
    We haven't thought about it but if he is still into Jake at the time, I love this.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"