Options

Doctors appointment - EPO & TTC

Liz_AriLiz_Ari member
edited May 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
FUCK YOU ALL

Re: Doctors appointment - EPO & TTC

• Options
    Liz_Ari said:
    The previous month (April) I saw my doctor for PMS.  The symptoms I was having were new to me, which made me concern.  This may sound funny but my breasts felt very hot and tender to the touch.  I seriously felt like my breasts had a fever!!  I could not lay on my stomach from how bad they hurt.  I had mentioned to the doctor that we have been trying to conceive, therefore she advised me to take EPO 1300mg or Vitamin E and said that this has help many women with hormone imbalance and PMS etc,.  So right after that, I went straight to my local health supplement store and bought some organic EPO and Vitamin E.  I began to take them 3x a day.  I got my period on 5/1-5/5 and I had no PMS, nothing.  I felt great!  Then on 5/15 we had intercourse and the following day I began to bleed.  I only noticed it after wiping.  First thing that came to mind was, maybe it was from a long session of intercourse last night (about 1hr).  It usually never last that long.  So as days went by, I noticed that it would go away for a couple of hours and then come back.  I began to feel very tired and weak.  I laid in bed for almost 3 days straight.  I finally called my doctor and the only appointment available was not until a week after on 5/29, which is today. This lasted from 5/16-5/26.  I basically could not even go to the gym because of how tired I felt.  I gained about 6 pounds, which was very upsetting to me. 

So today I had my doctors appointment and I explained to her exactly what happened.  She mentioned that I should consider only taking EPO once a day. That every body is different and I might have been taking too much of it.  She basically said that it's up to me if I want to continue taking it.  
    Now, someone on here commented on one of my previous posts, said that typically one should take EPO on CD1 until ovulation.  So I think I may go that route and see what happens.  I'm also going to start taking Maca power.  I will be adding it to my morning smoothies that I have for breakfast.  I also asked my doctor what she thought about Maca power.  She basically said that she doesn't see anything wrong taking natural fertility products and that, again, that it's to me to do so. . .

Today's appointment was overall talking about my symptoms and what she would like to do.  She advised me that she would like to do some lab work (blood work) to checking my hormones, thyroid etc,.  Then once she gets the results she would follow up with me and take it from there.  And after that, I may have to get an ultrasound, to look at my ovaries.  So the month of June is going to be really busy for me.  I hope that all is well... but like I told my husband, I'm mentally preparing myself for anything.   

Doctor said to come in on my 3CD to do some lab work (blood work).  I would have to fast all day before coming in, though. I also made an appointment to get a PAP done.   

Honestly, I'm kinda scared but glad that I'm finally getting all of this checked out.  I know many of you ladies have gone through this whole process.  If you are willing to, I'd like to hear about your stories and how it went.  I would gladly appreciate it.  
    All I offer, yet again, is a QFP.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    lizzyp9112lizzyp9112 member
    edited May 2014
    @Whitney101411 is doing a cliffs notes version for us that should be ready shortly...

ETA-- or not, since it was too fucking hard to follow.

OP, return and summarize, in three sentences, what it is you're trying to tell us.

DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Liz_AriLiz_Ari member
    Thanks for your POSITIVE feedback everyone! 
  • Options
    Liz_Ari said:
    Thanks for your POSITIVE feedback everyone! 
    It is difficult to give any feedback when none of us can find a question you need answering in your wall of text.

Please give us a summary of what is going on and we can try to help.

• Options

I think you may need a blog, hun.

• Options
    SegoodySegoody member
    @DaisyCat11‌ - This post got her a love tit badge....so yes!

Married since July 2004
    TTC #1 Since January 2014
    ***TW***
    1/14 - 2/17 - BFN's
    Rx: Unexplained infertility - All tests normal and/or good
    3/17: IUI #1 - BFP   EDD: 12/7/17

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    myatalamyatala member
    Mobile so I can't see OP's posting history but iirc we were plenty nice in her previous thread.

@Liz_Ari‌ I would recommend laying off all the "natural" supplements until you have a better plan for what to take when, preferably under the advisement of a care provider who's unambiguous about dosage recommendations and not jumping into a bunch of testing prematurely.

Like, my OB did some blood work at my annual since we talked about our TTC plans but it was all super basic stuff he'd check for anyone TTC, not the CD3 blood work you'd do with a RE. I trust my OB to do basic TSH checks but I'm not running to him for fertility testing if I end up on that path.

(In case you actually come back to read what we mean people say.)
  • Options

What the fuck is with everyone today running to their doctors over nothing. Infertility is not fun. Testing is not fun. Treatment is not fun. Let's stop making something over nothing. 

There's a lot of impatience = infertility around here today and it's not cool. I just don't get it. I'm hitting my year mark on Saturday and I'm terrified to go to my doctor if this is not our cycle. Everyone needs to stop borrowing trouble.

AGREED!! It took two years of ntnp and 15 months of trying before I even mentioned it to my doc. Now I have a bunch of appointments and tests that I don't wanna do. :/ people are crazy...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    **AGE-32 DH-35****Together since March 2005**  **Not Preventing Since 2011** **TTC since Feb 2013
    Undergoing Testing Starting 05/2014

**Murphy, Thomas & Neko**

• Options
    mommy2Cmommy2C member
    The only thing that stood out to me was the intercourse for an hour thing. Thanks and no thanks.
  • Options
    Aww.. hugs for everyone who needs it.

Here's a good chuckle for you. I followed the parking pattern at the gym and some chick wasn't happy about it. She left a bitchy note on my car written on the back of her membership - cancellation form the part with her name on it. Now to check and make sure she didn't ding my car because I know where you live, lady!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options
    niki1209niki1209 member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the QFPs

ETA- I agree with one of the PP about getting a blog.

BFP #1 3/22/11- DD Born 11/22/11
    TTC #2 since 11/2013

• Options
    Lmao^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    **AGE-32 DH-35****Together since March 2005**  **Not Preventing Since 2011** **TTC since Feb 2013
    Undergoing Testing Starting 05/2014

**Murphy, Thomas & Neko**

• Options
    NoeliaVNoeliaV member
    Liz_Ari said:
    FUCK YOU ALL
    That name change was quick!
    Should have changed it to FeverTits. 
    Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
    TGIF.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ----
    That should kill a few hours - thanks!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"