Working Moms

Baby taking a bottle, baby not taking a bottle, baby taking a bottle...

I've been on here a couple of years, but changed my account info and ended up locking myself out... So here I am anew.

Anyhoo. DD2 started DC this week. She's 13 wks old. Around 6 wks, she took a bottle and occasionally when we went out. The last time we went out before starting her in DC, she didn't take the bottle and cried all night. And then the last time my DH tried to give her a bottle, she wouldn't take it. So we started worrying about whether or not she would take the bottle at DC. 

On day 1, DC got her to take 2 whole bottles by dripping it little-by-little into her mouth and burping her a lot. My DH couldn't get her to take anything until 9pm that night. On day 2, DD ravenously took 2 whole bottles and was very upset when there wasn't more. My DH couldn't get her to take anything that night. On day 3, she refused to eat and took less than one bottle. My DH has yet to get her home to see how she does.

Anyone familiar with this touch-and-go adjustment period? Any tips on how to make it easier? I'm not sure if I should be rushing home in the middle of work to feed her or if it's better to let her work through this by continuing to offer just the bottle. My instincts say to BF her as much as possible, including leaving work if necessary. I don't want her to go more than 6-7 hours without eating. As of right now, I fed her at 10:45am and she's only had 1.5 oz since (she should have had about 6-7 oz). It's now 5:45pm. Thoughts? Tips? Perspective?
One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)

Re: Baby taking a bottle, baby not taking a bottle, baby taking a bottle...

• Mine LO had trouble taking a bottle as well. What finally worked for us was mOmma bottles and the BM heated up pretty warm. Good luck!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"