Trying to Get Pregnant

Coming off BC/Ovulation

I'm not NTTB, but when I created my first profile in 2011, I was already pregnant so I am indeed new to the TTGP board. 

My last full round of BC pills (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) was in April. I was due to start my next round May 1st, which I did, but I only took 3 pills before discontinuing use per my OB's orders. I'd had a REGULAR period right before the 3 pills I took at the beginning of May, and when I stopped taking them again on May 3rd I had another (short, light) period not long afterward. Then, I had another (full-blown) period that lasted from May 12th-16th. 

That said, I'm not really used to my periods being regular since I've had kids; I've come to terms with the fact that birthing two children within twelve months puts everything out-of-whack for awhile. However, I'm curious about how this situation may affect ovulation. If I went with my last period, I'd be ovulating around now (my cycle before I had kids was 30 days). 

Any advice? Resources you could recommend that cover this type of thing specifically? My OB says I may not be ovulating at all and to see if things level out next month, but I'm curious to hear about any similar experiences you all may have had. 

TIA! 

Re: Coming off BC/Ovulation

• DucktaleDucktale member
    edited May 2014

I'm not NTTB, but when I created my first profile in 2011, I was already pregnant so I am indeed new to the TTGP board. 

My last full round of BC pills (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) was in April. I was due to start my next round May 1st, which I did, but I only took 3 pills before discontinuing use per my OB's orders. I'd had a REGULAR period right before the 3 pills I took at the beginning of May, and when I stopped taking them again on May 3rd I had another (short, light) period not long afterward. Then, I had another (full-blown) period that lasted from May 12th-16th. 

That said, I'm not really used to my periods being regular since I've had kids; I've come to terms with the fact that birthing two children within twelve months puts everything out-of-whack for awhile. However, I'm curious about how this situation may affect ovulation. If I went with my last period, I'd be ovulating around now (my cycle before I had kids was 30 days). 

Any advice? Resources you could recommend that cover this type of thing specifically? My OB says I may not be ovulating at all and to see if things level out next month, but I'm curious to hear about any similar experiences you all may have had. 

TIA! 

Read the newbie blog and do the tutorials on Fertility friend. It will help you learn about your cycle. You are not "due" to ovulate at any point, ovulation varies from cycle to cycle, and does not typically happen like on the textbook day 14. Taking your basal body temp will help pinpoint ovulation and take some of the unknown out of your cycle. Good luck.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks!

I will try FF; I've obviously heard a lot about it from TB but for some reason the concept of the site has always intimidated me a little. Lol.

And let me apologize, my knowledge of the female reproductive system before conception is limited to nonexistent. Lol 

Thanks again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also recommend FF. In the charting q+a I think there are stats on post BCP ovulation that I found helpful too.
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks!

I will try FF; I've obviously heard a lot about it from TB but for some reason the concept of the site has always intimidated me a little. Lol.

And let me apologize, my knowledge of the female reproductive system before conception is limited to nonexistent. Lol 

Thanks again. 
    Most of us didn't really know shit about our cycles before coming here, you're not alone. Be sure to read the newbie blog, it's very helpful.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep, start using FF to temp. You'll learn loads about your body.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Coming of BC you never know what your body is going to do.  It took me 54 days to ovulate when I came off BC for TTC#1, this time it took 32 days when I stopped BC at the end of March.  The only way to have a good idea if you ovulate is to chart your BBT & CM.  The newbie blog is full of great info.
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"