November 2013 Moms

Am I the only one taking food slowly?

I was just reading the threads about meat on here and I'm suddenly feeling like in the only one moving slowly with the food thing. In fact just this morning I was wondering how long I can keep "skipping" meals. Normally in the am DD gets some cereal or fruit. Today she went to a sitter so I just sent a bottle. I EBF until 6 mo. And now she gets 1-2 feedings of a few spoonfuls of food. Sometimes we just skip it all together. She's not terribly into it and I'm fine with nursing. Anybody else not into the food thing?

Re: Am I the only one taking food slowly?

• TJHineTJHine member
    Sameish thing going on here. I've been giving LO solids for about 4 weeks now, and some days I don't give them at all. On days that I do, I maybe get a bite or two in before he absolutely refuses to eat anymore. He's just not that in to it yet.
  • We took it really slow since once he hit 4 months we were in the PICU with RSV... I've taken everything slow for a (irrational?) fear of allergies...

Nothing so far... I'm nervous about starting meats though... weirds me out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're taking it slow too. We started about three weeks ago but have only done fruits and veggies until this week when I gave him some baby oatmeal. Like PPs, we have skipped a few days too if we are busy. I think until he's 7-8 months I'm not going to push it too hard.

• Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not alone. Sometimes it seems like people can't wait for their baby to try new things, but I'm in no hurry. I'm good with just doing what ever works for us.

• Babymama, yup taking it slow here.

I'll feed DD 1-2x a day, and she favors sweet potatoes and bananas 1/2 a container each feeding. But ask her to eat rice cereal or oatmeal and I'll get 3spoonfuls in before she cries to take it away -,and she pushes it out with her toungue.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My LO likes solids but we are just doing an evening feeding right now. I EBF and since she is so easily distracted I worry about how many ounces she is taking in. I'd rather go slower with the solids and make sure she's getting enought milk. I will probably start a morning feeding next month, but for now we are both happy.
  • Going slowly here as well. We'll offer him something most days, usually at diner but occasionally we will skip a day because he really isn't interested. He finally put some carrots in his mouth last weekend, other than that he wants nothing to do with anything but milk!
  • We're going slowly because she's just not that interested yet. DD is offered 1 or 2 solids a day, and maybe 10% of it ends up in her mouth. I figure it'll click one day so not worried about it.
  • My son is just now ready for baby food purees and we haven't even tried meat. With my daughter i did not give her anything besides baby food, formula and the snacks appropriate for her age. I did not give meat until after 1 years old
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Same here. I think the most he's taken in one sitting is about a tsp and he'd really rather not. I haven't bothered to offer any the last couple days because he's grumpy from shots. I think DD2 didn't get excited til about 10(?) months. It was when she could eat steamed veggies. It felt like she'd be on an all milk diet forever.
  • I usually feed him solids 1 to 2 times a day - fruits, veggies and sometimes oatmeal (only to thicken purées) and meat about twice a week.
    Usually he's a very good eater but occasionally he'll deny after a few bites and we stop right there and don't force it. Also, I might've accidentally forgotten to offer solids a handful of times..whateffs

• Zilly13Zilly13 member
    My DD is pretty much refusing anything but BM or formula.  We try every few days and she just blows raspberries and spits it out.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• Quinn was 6 months 10 days ago, we haven't started food yet. My plan was to start on Sunday. I'm in no hurry to give her food, not even cereal. She has been very interested in what I've been eating for months now. But I haven't been ready to take that step. She goes for her 6 months check up today I'll talk to her doctor about it then. I know I'm nuts.
  • We just got clearance from ped to begin w fruits & veg. We didn't bother w rice cereal. She's not that into it, eating only a few bites. I'm not too concerned about it though b/c it's a major struggle to get 24 oz of milk in her each day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"