Minnesota Babies

Prenatal fitness classes

Hey ladies, I'm in the Oakdale/Woodbury area.  I'm looking for a prenatal fitness and/or yoga class.  Anyone have recommendations? 

my read shelf:
Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Prenatal fitness classes

• IMO, just stick with the classes that are available at the gym you attend and do things at your own pace which can change depending on the day (most instructors are fantastic about this). That way you're also more likely to stick with it post-partum.  I'd also recommend more individual training than group classes since your needs will change over the course of the pregnancy. 

When I got pregnant with our little guy, I was an Elite Level lifter and stayed at a pretty high competitive level until a complication changed things.  Above all else, take the attitude of "don't train like a knucklehead!  Your body will tell you what you can and can't do on any particular day, listen to it!" which is a good attitude to take whether you're pregnant or not! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you don't mind driving to St. Paul, I've heard really good things about Blooma. https://www.blooma.com. They have prenatal yoga along with some other interesting mom/baby related fitness classes. They have a bunch of other services and programs for pregnant women as well. I'm going to try the prenatal yoga class next week - I can let you know how it goes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Our TTC Journey: Me: 39 (short luteal phase, hypothyroidism) DH: 41 (no problems)
    Pre-TTC: worked with a physician nutritionist on health improvement to naturally increase LP and get healthy.
    Cycles 1-9: Supplemented with progesterone during LP and acupuncture. All BFN's. 
    Cycle 10: switched to a new RE, medicated IUI and continued acupuncture. BFP! EDD: 2/5/15. Beta 1: 49; Beta 2: 151; Beta 3: 1878. 7w4d HB was 153. 
  • Loading the player...
  • stellasoo said:
    If you don't mind driving to St. Paul, I've heard really good things about Blooma. https://www.blooma.com. They have prenatal yoga along with some other interesting mom/baby related fitness classes. They have a bunch of other services and programs for pregnant women as well. I'm going to try the prenatal yoga class next week - I can let you know how it goes. 
    Please do, and no St. Paul would be a bad drive at all!

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"