March 2014 Moms

Formula feeders/fortifiers

Anyone have a problem where your formula doesn't mix? There are always chunks in mine no matter how much I shake. I mix it into breastmilk and at a higher density, so not sure if it's related to that. We use Gerber gentle.

Re: Formula feeders/fortifiers

• With that brand we had some issues. Since then we have switched to enfamil gentlease and it mixes much smoother, the formula itself looks more powdery and less grainy.
    March 2014 February Siggy Challenge: Third Trimester Feelings

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yes. But when i heat it up the chunks go away
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I use the baby breeza no probably because that water is warmed.

If I'm mixing by hand with room temp water then yes! Horribly bad. We use nutrimagen
  • We use Gerber gentle and hit or miss have some minor clumps. We're mixing in water at room temp
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• I found that similac clumped more as I made my way through samples, which is why I went with enfamil. No idea of it was just the content of our water or what.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • I use baby brezza. No clumps. Prob bc the water is warm.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I used Similac Sensitive and Up & Up Sensitive no clumps. Similac Total Comfort I have clumps even when I make it in a measuring cup and us a wisk to mix.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • *Naea**Naea* member
    The Dr. Brown's mixing pitcher works great when doing large batches. It kills all the clumps that shaking seems to leave.
    DS #1 - 2/2/2000  DS #2 - 9/29/2006   DD #1 - 3/8/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

March Sig Challenge
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So I think I am causing it. I fill the bottle with breastmilk, add his syringe of oil and then add the formula. I think the oil is making it clump up. I mixed the formula in first and then added the oil this morning and it was much better.

I can't use any of those pitchers or mixers since I'm doing it into breastmilk. I only have enough for the one feeding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"