April 2014 Moms

RECIPES!

I thought it would be cool to make an easy recipe thread since we all have our hands full. Sorry if this has been done.

Here is what I have recently done:
Tostada/enchilada aka the tostalada

Preheat oven to 400, place tortillas single layer on a cookie sheet and poke with a fork so they dont bubble. Place in oven for 4 to 7 minutes so they get crispy, remove but leave oven on.

in a skillet sautee your ingredients. this can be whatever you like. I personally so small chicken pieces, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, black beans, corn and green chiles.

spread the crispy tortilla with enchilada sauce, place your ingredients on tortilla, cover in cheese and put back in the oven until melted. add cilantro, sour cream and/or salsa as desired

Re: RECIPES!

• Ever since spending Christmas with the in-laws we've been on an egg salad sandwich kick. Here's my recipe:

Serves 1 regular man and 1 third trimester or breastfeeding woman.

4 hard boiled eggs
    2-4 strips of bacon, chopped finely
    1 large spicy dill pickle, chopped finely
    2 TBSP mayo 
    1 TBSP stone ground mustard
    2 tsp paprika
    salt and pepper to taste
    4 slices soft wheat bread

Combine everything. Slather onto one slice of bread. Cover with other slice. Slice in half. Enjoy.

I'll post more intricate recipes in the future. We just ate one of these so it's all I have on the brain right now.

September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Loading the player...
  • knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited May 2014
    Acers said:
    Strawberry Summer Salad (No measurements just add to liking) Romaine or spinach Strawberries Grilled chicken with any type of marinade (we like lemon pepper) Poppyseed dressing (like Brianna's) Almonds optional Mix together. I shouldn't even call that a recipe but it's delish.
    I love this.  It's also good with Brianna's Strawberry vinaigrette and feta.
  • Naan pizza- spread sauce on it and then sprinkle with feta and goat cheese on top, bake at 400 F until ooey and gooey.
  • Chicken Paprika - one of my favorites and I managed to make it yesterday with a fussy baby (so, not too difficult!)

1 - 1.5 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces

flour, seasoned with salt and pepper

1/4 c. margarine/butter

1 chopped onion

8 oz. sliced mushrooms

1 can tomato soup

1 c. sour cream (I used light)

2-3 tsp. paprika

Dust chicken with seasoned flour and brown in margarine with the onion and mushrooms.  Cook until chicken is lightly browned.  Add tomato soup, sour cream and paprika.  Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve over egg noodles or rice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"