October 2013 Moms

clogged ducts... still

Anybody still get clogged ducts regularly?  If I miss a pump or nursing session I have a clogged duct for days!  I was an hour late for pumping last night after Lo went to bed, then she slept through the night (which is super rare/awesome/painful).  Now I have 2 ducts on my lazy boob side that are kiiiiiiiiiling me.

I participate in this board on the daily.... in my brain.  I read all the posts, laugh, agree, and not my head but never actually post. 

Re: clogged ducts... still

• DanceMDanceM member
    I've never had a clogged duct, but you can use a vibrating toothbrush and push into the clog while you pump. When LO eats, keep her chin toward the clog. Good luck!
  • Not all the time, but occasionally I'll still get a clogged duct. No fun. Sorry you're dealing with them; they're so painful!
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Im wondering if I've had one for about 2 weeks.  Its not painful but it feels like i have something a little harder then normal in there if that makes sense.  I need to make DH massage it out since Im too gentle with my own boobs.  (that sounds dirty….its not)
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Try taking lechitin. I still get clogged ducts frequently, and this helps! You should use it preventativly, but I usually forget and take it when I feel one. It helps it clear.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a lot of clogged ducts in the beginning. The only thing that did help me was the sunflower lecithin. You can buy soy lecithin pretty much anywhere.  Try an electric toothbrush on spot, wide tooth comb in shower, dangle feeding, baby's chin towards clog, and warm compresses. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I WAS pumping I swear I would get it ATLEAST once a week. I'm not sure why, even if I wore a bra or too tight of a shirt I would get them. No advice really just I know what your going through...
    I used to take scolding showers while massaging my breasts and I also used a vibrator to try to get the clogs out while pumping. It sucked big time, good luck!
  • Thanks everyone! I have never heard of Lecithin.  I will be getting some today!  I do all the other stuff once I get a clogged duct and it's hit and miss with what works.  Yesterday at work I decided to try to find the clog and was successfully able to find a little white spot and remove it.  It was awesome except milk started dripping out all over my dress at work.  Un-clogging fail.  I had a big milk stain the rest of the day.
    I'm excited to try the Lecithin and hopefully it will prevent my regular clogs!  LO is starting to sleep through the night more regularly so I think my nighttime engorgement will go away and slow the clogs too.

• according to @jennlin a vibrator works better than an electric toothbrush. take lecithin. massage your boobs hard.

I'll second the vibrator. Works like a charm...in more ways than one ;)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"