August 2014 Moms

Baby shower activities

LunatinuvielLunatinuviel member
edited May 2014 in August 2014 Moms
One of the activities that excited me the most are the onesies station where the guest can paint or decorate one for my LO. But I was wondering if you have tried them with colored onesies like light blue, grey etc... I did it once at one of my friends Shower and it was fun. What do you think?

Re: Baby shower activities

• I think it's a cute idea! We're doing super basic simplistic games at my shower, nothing that requires a station or supplies (no "make a poopy diaper out of chocolate and candy"!!) Mostly because my friends just want to drink some champagne, eat some cake and relax. There's still the whole "sit and watch someone open gifts for an hour" thing so I want to be sensitive to making it fun and relaxing for all of them without too many activities. 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @stoofewok‌ we are planning on doing a couple of games plus the onesies. To be honest I have been in a couple of showers where there is no games and it's kind of boring specially when you are mixing friends with your work friends. I attached some of the games we are planning to do I just love the idea of forming words with my baby name letters. Btw I found this on etsy and I customize it myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't doing games because its a couple's shower and I am just not the cutsie game kinda girl. However, when throwing my sister's shower last month we had the onsie making station and it was really cute! 

We used gray, navy, black, and white onesies and they all looked so good. Fabric stores sell iron on's for colored or white onesies. Make sure to check the paper labels. We had pre made iron on's (Like monsters and superheros) and also pictures that we printed from online. We also had fabric pens as well.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• At a friend's shower, they had three canvases divided evenly into pastel painted squares and each square corresponded to a letter (so it was an alphabet artwork). Guests were invited to paint something in a square that started with that letter. I thought it was cute and the result is that you can hang it in the nursery.
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate all shower games. I'm a real scrooge at showers. Both baby and wedding. I just want to see and spend time with family and friends, I don't need a hokey game to socialize with people.

That being said, I know I'm in the minority and that most people think they're really cute. And I like that this activity ends with you getting a bunch of onsies.

There are a lot of shower games I just recuse myself from, but I would totally decorate a onsie...badly...but I would sincerely try!
    Guess I'm the minority too because this was pretty much my only request for my shower...no games! Thankfully my sister feels the same way so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I have to say though, the onesie decorating things is kind of cute. I've just been to so many showers where the guests have to chug things from baby bottles, guess this, guess that etc etc. No offense to anyone but not my style. I just want to get together, eat, drink, socialize and celebrate baby. I don't think (or atleast I hope ) my guests will be bored. We're a pretty fun group ;) And honestly, this may sound terribly bitchy of me but I've attended so many weddings & baby showers that I think I'm entitled to an afternoon to celebrate how I want. If that makes me a bitch...meh. Oh well!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"