September 2012 Moms

BFing Check In

Anyone still here?
Any new moms want to play?

Anyone pregnant again who is gearing up for nursing?
:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing Check In

• AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    Still here! Her sleeping at night has gone down the drain so my ideas of weaning are gone. We will continue for a little while longer!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ydawg05ydawg05 member
    I haven't posted on S12 for maybe a year but since you invited "new" moms. I'm nursing my DS born in March. My S12 baby weaned at 9 mos and I got pregnant right away. I'm hoping to nurse this one a little longer but I'll let him lead.

DD born 9/15/12

DS due 3/6/14

• I'm still nursing pretty much the same amount.  She has started sleeping better at night, which I'm happy about, but it's not consistent.  I'm off work for the summer starting Friday (yay!), which means I'll also be done pumping!  I imagine we'll continue through the summer doing the same thing, but I'm following her lead.  I would like to night wean by the end of summer though.  I also officially got my period back. 
  • Still here. Still threatening to stop. Still giving in to my insistent toddler. She's pretty good about limiting her requests to mornings and evenings, so it works out pretty well. I'm really hoping that once we're through teething she'll stop on her own (hahahahahahahahha).
  • MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm still nursing pretty much the same amount.  She has started sleeping better at night, which I'm happy about, but it's not consistent.  I'm off work for the summer starting Friday (yay!), which means I'll also be done pumping!  I imagine we'll continue through the summer doing the same thing, but I'm following her lead.  I would like to night wean by the end of summer though.  I also officially got my period back. 
    Ugh, you are still pumping!?  You are a saint!

I also got my first period in April.  I think I am ovulating right now so we'll see if I get another one in a couple weeks.
    Just once a day. Once I started this fall again (which I said I wouldn't do), I just felt like I should finish the school year.  She's not big on drinking other kinds of milk and I think she came to expect it.  I only figured out that I did get my period, because it has happened twice now approx. 28 days apart.  I'm just glad it came on it's own without needing any assistance as I was starting to get a bit worried. 
  • I tapped out at 13-ish months but wanted to pop in and say you ladies are awesome. Major congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'll be nursing in a week or less!! I'm actually really nervous. I nursed Nola for over 13 months with no issues but now I'm worried I won't be as lucky this time. Also, now that I know what that first week nipple pain feels like I'm really scared of it! I'm sure everything will be fine, just new baby jitters.

But, if someone could reassure me that leaking in pregnancy has nothing to do with future supply I would feel a lot better! :) I leaked constantly when I was pregnant with Nola and this time I've barely leaked at all.

Anniversary

• MrsKipper said:
    I'll be nursing in a week or less!! I'm actually really nervous. I nursed Nola for over 13 months with no issues but now I'm worried I won't be as lucky this time. Also, now that I know what that first week nipple pain feels like I'm really scared of it! I'm sure everything will be fine, just new baby jitters. But, if someone could reassure me that leaking in pregnancy has nothing to do with future supply I would feel a lot better! :) I leaked constantly when I was pregnant with Nola and this time I've barely leaked at all.

I leaked a ton during my first pregnancy and not at all with my second. I had no issues with supply with either boy.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I got Colby to drink regular milk by giving it to him in an open cup during meal time. It was a mess the first few times, but he really got the hang of it after that.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Still going! 2-3 times on weekdays, 4 or 5 times on weekends unless we are super occupied, then it's 2-3. No plans on weaning, and still loving every moment.

@holly_1007 Congratulations love!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • MrsKipper said:
    I'll be nursing in a week or less!! I'm actually really nervous. I nursed Nola for over 13 months with no issues but now I'm worried I won't be as lucky this time. Also, now that I know what that first week nipple pain feels like I'm really scared of it! I'm sure everything will be fine, just new baby jitters. But, if someone could reassure me that leaking in pregnancy has nothing to do with future supply I would feel a lot better! :) I leaked constantly when I was pregnant with Nola and this time I've barely leaked at all.
    This! I'll be nursing very soon too, and I'm nervous that since my last two were very quick learners and awesome nursers, this one will make up for it.  GL @MrsKipper and super awesome job to all of the S12ers still nursing!! 
  • I'm BFing baby #2 now. He's 3 months old. I'm glad I'm able to BR him. DD would never latch, so I ended up EPing with her. My goal is to BF him 6-9 months. When teeth emerge, we'll see if it changes. He bit me this week and it really HURT!
  • MrsKipper said:
    The leaking doesn't have anything to do with your actual supply!

And if it's any consolation, I had virtually no pain nursing DD. My nipples had already taken the beating from DS & I guess they were toughened up by the time DD came! I nursed my first the same amount of time as you & our kids have the same age gap...so hopefully you'll be just fine!

• We're out. It was a good run. Weaning was tough, but I knew I wasn't producing anything. We made it to almost 20 months and I'm pretty dang proud of that. Great job to everyone that is here with an s12 baby or with a newer LO!
    Congrats, Holly!! You should be proud! :)

• ydawg05 said:
    I haven't posted on S12 for maybe a year but since you invited "new" moms. I'm nursing my DS born in March. My S12 baby weaned at 9 mos and I got pregnant right away. I'm hoping to nurse this one a little longer but I'll let him lead.
    Welcome to the BFing check in party. :) How is nursing going?

• MrsKipper said:
    Whoa, so soon! :)
    Each baby is different- maybe you won't have any pain! 
    And leaking isn't related to supply! :)
    You got this, mama!

• jessk86 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    This! I'll be nursing very soon too, and I'm nervous that since my last two were very quick learners and awesome nursers, this one will make up for it.  GL @MrsKipper and super awesome job to all of the S12ers still nursing!! 
    I missed that you were now SUPER pregnant, JessK. :) I hope it goes smoothly for you! 

• I'm still here. Nothing new really. E nurses first thing every single morning. He can't really do anything without his milk hahaha. Then at 5pm (or whenever I get him after school) and then before bed. 

On the weekends he used to nurse a lot, but we've been busy and he's been sorta settling in to the three times a day and I'm cool with that. I'm really trying to follow his lead and be respectful of where he is taking this journey. 

• Hit the 6 month mark of nursing DD2.  I'm worried about her weight- she's smaller than DD1 and just now doubling her birth weight.  She has started eating purees mixed with oatmeal and breastmilk, and I'm having trouble pumping enough breastmilk for her cereal since I didn't start pumping until now.  It's depressing- I pump for 30 min and get 1 oz.  Otherwise BFing is going well though!  She wakes about twice a night to eat.
  • Hit the 6 month mark of nursing DD2.  I'm worried about her weight- she's smaller than DD1 and just now doubling her birth weight.  She has started eating purees mixed with oatmeal and breastmilk, and I'm having trouble pumping enough breastmilk for her cereal since I didn't start pumping until now.  It's depressing- I pump for 30 min and get 1 oz.  Otherwise BFing is going well though!  She wakes about twice a night to eat.
    YAY! Six months! :)

Are you using an electric pump or hand pump? Do you feel like you're not responding to the pump well? 

• linzeek44 said:
    Hit the 6 month mark of nursing DD2.  I'm worried about her weight- she's smaller than DD1 and just now doubling her birth weight.  She has started eating purees mixed with oatmeal and breastmilk, and I'm having trouble pumping enough breastmilk for her cereal since I didn't start pumping until now.  It's depressing- I pump for 30 min and get 1 oz.  Otherwise BFing is going well though!  She wakes about twice a night to eat.
    YAY! Six months! :)

Are you using an electric pump or hand pump? Do you feel like you're not responding to the pump well? 
    I've used both with similar results.  I have a new electric pump in my closet that I could try- it's the same brand (ameda purely yours) as the one I've been using, but maybe a new motor would make a difference.  I'm just kicking myself for not just pumping for a stash from the beginning, but it was hard to do with two so close together, and DD2 has never loved bottles (though that's also probably because I didn't give them to her often enough from the beginning.)

It's just frustrating because with DD1, I would pump 3-4 ounces in a go and had a great stash.
  • I'm still here too. She loves the first nursing session of the day best. She does a little around nap and bed time as well. I'm excited to have made it this long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"