November 2013 Moms
Options

Unpopular. Opinions.

I've gotta think on this...but let's get it started.

#LOLFITMAMA

Re: Unpopular. Opinions.

• Options
    Cats have been a UO on here before. I too am not a cat fan.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wedding06 said:
    I know there's a lot of cat people on this board so I hope I don't offend anyone. My unpopular opinion is that I don't like cats. Kittens are cute but I would never have a cat or kitten. I saw my dad get attacked by our barn cats when I was 3 and I can't feel comfortable around cats since.
    I was not a cat person either. All the cats I knew growing up were mean or stand offish. I only got a cat because I wanted a pet and DH worked long hours. Max changed my life and my whole perspective. I truly believe that people who don't like cats just haven't met the right ones. My UO: I hate camo clothing. It just irks me for some reason.
    @wedding06 military or hunting grade? I dislike military type camo with the exception that it is a true uniform being worn appropriately. The "mossy oak" type camo is more acceptable to me, but I definitely don't go out of my way to have everything done in it.
    July Siggy Challenge: Orestis Karnezis (Greece)

JUICE
    ...and the freak circle is complete.
  • Options
    @Sing2phins‌ that's hilarious! That's awesome!
  • Options
    I hate babies wearing jeans- I think they are uncomfortable to walk in and look silly. I like babies dressed as babies not tiny adults.
  • Options
    Finnaroo said:
    I hate it when non-Southerners use "y'all".  It's almost always done with the apostrophe in the wrong place (i.e. "ya'll"), which just makes it worse.

I just don't like "y'all" period. I have a friend from the Northeast and she she'll drop a "yous" every now and then. Maybe it's because I'm from a place generally considered to not have an accent or particular dialect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kate030 said:
    I hate babies wearing jeans- I think they are uncomfortable to walk in and look silly. I like babies dressed as babies not tiny adults.

I think it depends on the style of jeans. I like them on babies.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I'm not a fan of baby jeans either. My 2 yo has worn soft pants or dresses every day of her life. I think they are super cute, just not practical.

Sure, but you probably live in the 'burbs. We live in the mountains with unruly brush and poison oak. Jeans are a must up here.

My UO: I don't like UOs as all of mine have at least one qualifier.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

And in continuing the baby clothes UO. This is in my cart right now:
    https://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30759306&cp=2048081.2047539.1815396&view=all&omniselect=View_All99&parentPage=family

Tiny little man clothes are precious.

DH would HATE this, but I do think it is darling despite it being NMS.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cagoldicagoldi member

https://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30759306&cp=2048081.2047539.1815396&view=all&omniselect=View_All99&parentPage=family

Tiny little man
    clothes are precious.

So, so, so cute! I would go with the short sleeves, because it's too hot for long and I think they look weird with shorts. That outfit is darling.
  • Options
    @JaysonandKristin‌ correct on the 'burbs but I spend a decent amount of time in the county too- I opt for khakis in the woods. But I also happen to not be allergic to poison ivy or poison oak (found out the hard way when I worked at a nature preserve after college).

Blanket statement: jeans do not make anyone's LOs not cute- I just look at them and think, oh no how can they move around comfortably?

@trtlcrzy‌ I do agree that jeggings are a worthy compromise- I discovered them while KU and I happen to love them for myself and will be stocking up just in case they go out of style.

Oh and girls poop too. My friends and I call it assproblems, totally legitimate conversation topic IMO.
  • Options

JoeLies said:

Kate030 said:

I don't have a problem with baby jeans - I've been dressing C more like DH for months now.  But baby SKINNY jeans?  Do not get.

I have 3 pairs of the "jeggings" from Carters for Sophia and they are AMAZING. They are basically soft pants for babies that look like jeans. Comfort and fashion: nailed it, Carters.

Yes.  We have these, too, and I love them.  I was going to say so, but I didn't want  @Kate030's head to explode.

Not sure which would make my head explode jeggings or skinny jeans but I was on gap's website today and I saw baby skinny jeans for the first time and you are correct my head was ready to explode! PSA if you like them, big sale over there.
  • Options
    Kate030 said:
    JoeLies said:
    Kate030 said:
    I don't have a problem with baby jeans - I've been dressing C more like DH for months now.  But baby SKINNY jeans?  Do not get.
    I have 3 pairs of the "jeggings" from Carters for Sophia and they are AMAZING. They are basically soft pants for babies that look like jeans. Comfort and fashion: nailed it, Carters.
    Yes.  We have these, too, and I love them.  I was going to say so, but I didn't want  @Kate030's head to explode.
    Not sure which would make my head explode jeggings or skinny jeans but I was on gap's website today and I saw baby skinny jeans for the first time and you are correct my head was ready to explode! PSA if you like them, big sale over there.
    Crazy8 baby rocker jeans are $10. They fit my peanut very well: https://www.crazy8.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446000936&amp;FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306261771&amp;bmUID=1401382205911&amp;productSizeSelected=0&amp;fit_type=
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

Tiny little man clothes are precious.
    Why would you NOT buy like 5 of those!?!?! If he spits up, just put him in the next one!
  • Options
    sands42sands42 member
    I just got DS this camo Diono Radian car seat and I LOVE it!!! .... I don't have any camo clothing though. G has little camo shorts and I think they are so cute. Camo. Okay, that's all. image
  • Options
    This may or may not be unpopular, but I can't stand when men or women subscribe to the "women don't poop" ideology. I'm sure most of the time people are just kidding when they say that. But why is it "so disgusting" that women poop and fart? Sure, "keep some mystery in your marriage" and by all means do your business in the privacy of the bathroom but let's all stop acting like it's the grossest thing in the world if a woman accidentally lets one rip. Also...when I have a good poop? I just want to let people know too, damnit. Men can do it, why not women?! My college roommate and I used to high five over having one of those awesome "I just lost 5lbs" poops.

Clearly, I'm gross. But I can't be the only one who feels this way.
    You're not. I even take it farther and if I've had a really big poo or one that is shaped interestingly, I'll call DH in to see it (or take a pic). Oh, did I go to far? ;) 

• Options
    Transitions lenses creep the shit out of me. Mostly because they transition at inappropriate times! You could be the cutest person in the world until you put on a pair of those things. Plus I hate how it gets the song "Sunglasses At Night" stuck in my head!
    I have them and LOVE them. No sunglasses needed, which is good because I hate wearing contacts. Mine don't transition at inappropriate times though..just when needed. 

• Options
    kimmycup said:

This may or may not be unpopular, but I can't stand when men or women subscribe to the "women don't poop" ideology. I'm sure most of the time people are just kidding when they say that. But why is it "so disgusting" that women poop and fart? Sure, "keep some mystery in your marriage" and by all means do your business in the privacy of the bathroom but let's all stop acting like it's the grossest thing in the world if a woman accidentally lets one rip. Also...when I have a good poop? I just want to let people know too, damnit. Men can do it, why not women?! My college roommate and I used to high five over having one of those awesome "I just lost 5lbs" poops.

Clearly, I'm gross. But I can't be the only one who feels this way.

You're not. I even take it farther and if I've had a really big poo or one that is shaped interestingly, I'll call DH in to see it (or take a pic). Oh, did I go to far? ;) 

You do the same thing?!?

• Options
    Sort of piggybacking on the camo comment, though I'm not sure how U this O is, but I really hate the American flag used as clothing.  It's against the Flag Code anyway, but I also just think it's tacky.  I've never seen it done tastefully.
    I have cute shorts with a Flag motif stripy thing and I love them. I'll model them later. ;)
    BLAD reppin'

• Options

mskatiep said:
    So I think I might have an actual OU. I have a problem with making snap decisions about people (fffc?) when I learn that they believe in Creationism (the literal 7 days version.) I automatically assume that they are not very intelligent. Maybe it is the biologist in me, but I just can't understand how people can discount so much evidence to the contrary. Generally though, I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and wait to get a full picture of a person before I decide that my original assumption was correct.
    As a Catholic, I "believe" that God put us and everything around us here on this earth.

As a logical human being, and know, understand, and accept that we are a part of a large, vast universe whose creation (in a difference sense of the word) is based on scientific evidence.

I want to have my cake and eat it too, I guess.
    IMO there's nothing in the "God created the world and everything in it" belief structure that is inherently anti-evolution or anti-science. It's the young-earth creationists who take the 7 days of creation/the earth is only 6k years old crap literally and completely ignore science to further their own beliefs who are a problem. And a big one, since they want to rewrite science textbooks for everyone else. That kind of thought is dangerous.
    Agreed.

#LOLFITMAMA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"