TTC after 35
Options

funky fertility rituals GTKY

A friend of mine at work was telling me about some weird statue that one of her friends had that, when the TTC lady touches it, they get knocked up that month. This friend tried it and got pregnant with her daughter. I told her to find out if her friend still has this statue for me to give a rub to. Heck, I'll do anything within the confines of law to increase my odds! So, come on ladies, let's fess up: What rituals, voodoo, prayers, old wives tales, etc. are you doing to enhance your chances of getting knocked up?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: funky fertility rituals GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK, this is gross.  But you've all been through the post-BD thread, so you're prepped.

During the cycle we conceived DD, we were super busy and weren't able to get around to changing/washing the sheets for a while after FW (until after I knew I was pregnant, as it happened).  So, after a few unsuccessful tries this go-around, I decided to leave them in place and see if it brought us luck again.

I was bummed out that it didn't work, but relieved to start changing the sheets immediately after FW again.  :\">
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options

@JimBobCooter - I think that is pretty cool. Both of my parents are from Mexico so I'm SURE there's got to be some old wives tales about fertility.
    "......Now you crack the yolk over your head. Douse yourself in sugar. Do 10 jumping jacks. Pee behind a bush. And voila! You're pregnant!" ... LMAO!!!! :P

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    I totally forgot I was given this so long ago! It has been in my closet and tonight in sleeping with it! My friend who gave it to me her DH wouldn't let her touch it because she got KU when she rubbed it (2xs). Lol! Thanks for the reminder! How creepy is this thing?
    It's a pig, right?  What's going on with its hind legs?

FX it works its magic for you!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Davie813 said:
    I totally forgot I was given this so long ago! It has been in my closet and tonight in sleeping with it! My friend who gave it to me her DH wouldn't let her touch it because she got KU when she rubbed it (2xs). Lol! Thanks for the reminder! How creepy is this thing?
    It's a pig, right?  What's going on with its hind legs?

FX it works its magic for you!

Yes it's a pig. A very unladylike one. She told me it was a fertility pig but I'm not sure the backstory
  • Options
    I wear a locket that I had wrapped around my wedding bouquet during FW. It has a picture of my DH and mom on her wedding day in it. Also, my friend made me a bracelet with amethyst and moon stones. Both are supposed to help with fertility. 
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    CML11CML11 member
    I've heard about some statue at the Ripleys Believe it or Not museum that you get pregnant if you touched it! Wouldn't that be nice!
    When I was a teenager my friends and I would go to Salem, Ma and walk around the gift shops of the Salem Witch Trials. Well they are cheesy, but there was one that had these potions for making spells. One potion was to get pregnant, and the lady cautioned us to not even go near it because it was so potent! A bunch of hocus pocus I'm sure, but I'm tempted to buy a bunch and roll around in it. My luck my LO would come out like the girl in exorcist!
  • Options
    krappkrapp member
    When I was TTC DS I wore a fertility bracelet... Was probably a waste of $, but pretty:)
  • Options
    When I was at my parent's house in Jan (after our 1st failed IVF cycle) I saw they had a fertility doll (from Africa), so I 'borrowed' it - without telling them of course!  I brought it with me to my ER and ET the next cycle - though it didn't work.

When I joined my folks at the last minute for vacation in Mar after my 2nd failed cycle, I saw a Penguin pendant... I bought that and have worn it every day since (other than if I am going to dinner and wearing something dressier, etc).  Of course now I am afraid to NOT wear it every day since I like to think it was our good luck charm for our FET!
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It took me 15 months to get KU with my dd. I started picking up extra shifts in the ED (I was working in the ICU at the time) and immediately got pregnant-- everyone said that it must be the ED because everyone was getting pregnant there. 

My friend gave me a Greek cross that she had that was supposed to help. I'm not religious, though, so maybe that was the reason it didn't work? 

Maybe it's time I start hanging around the ED again?
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    CML11 said:
    I've heard about some statue at the Ripleys Believe it or Not museum that you get pregnant if you touched it! Wouldn't that be nice! When I was a teenager my friends and I would go to Salem, Ma and walk around the gift shops of the Salem Witch Trials. Well they are cheesy, but there was one that had these potions for making spells. One potion was to get pregnant, and the lady cautioned us to not even go near it because it was so potent! A bunch of hocus pocus I'm sure, but I'm tempted to buy a bunch and roll around in it. My luck my LO would come out like the girl in exorcist!
    OMG I'm soooooo going to Ripleys this weekend! St. Augustine is just a 30 minute drive, so they'd better have this statue you speak of!!!
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member

CML11 said:

I've heard about some statue at the Ripleys Believe it or Not museum that you get pregnant if you touched it! Wouldn't that be nice!
    When I was a teenager my friends and I would go to Salem, Ma and walk around the gift shops of the Salem Witch Trials. Well they are cheesy, but there was one that had these potions for making spells. One potion was to get pregnant, and the lady cautioned us to not even go near it because it was so potent! A bunch of hocus pocus I'm sure, but I'm tempted to buy a bunch and roll around in it. My luck my LO would come out like the girl in exorcist!

OMG I'm soooooo going to Ripleys this weekend! St. Augustine is just a 30 minute drive, so they'd better have this statue you speak of!!!

Lol Take pictures of it and post! Maybe it will work through the phone for the rest of us!!! GL
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member
    @MamaBear904‌ better call first.. Looks like they rotate it around. It might be at one of the other locations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"