Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Still refluxing/choking in RNP?

vszappvszapp member
edited May 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
DS seems to have a wicked case of silent reflux. We use the RNP for nights but he still sometimes coughs or chokes himself awake and then spends hours groaning and grunting. Are we the only ones? Are there other sleeping options? I feel so hopeless right now...

Re: Still refluxing/choking in RNP?

• side sleeping might help, if hes in the room with u. sleeping on his stomach on mommy might sooth him also. obviously with both u want to be careful and check on him often since theses positions generally arent recommended if baby is not supervised
  • We are going thru the exact same thing, he just had an episode maybe five minutes ago (and he's in his RNP next to my bed). We just went up on the Zantac. I'm hoping that helps. I just realized he only had two of his three doses today, so I gave him another. Is your LO on his max dose? If not maybe talk to your pedi about up'ing it. Good luck, it's miserable to watch!
  • Loading the player...
  • tlf830tlf830 member
    We just had this happen today, she is on Pepcid, allimentum and rice cereal (ugh) but, when she was napping in her RnP today, I heard her gagging, ran in and she threw up all over me. Sort of afraid to go to sleep tonight!!
  • vszappvszapp member
    I actually pulled him off of the Zantac. It seemed to make him feel worse, and it doesn't actually stop them from spitting up (just reduces the pain). He isn't really in pain, just gagging/choking on what comes up. It does seem to be getting better as he gets bigger, and I have been off of dairy for 5 weeks now, which may also help. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"