January 2014 Moms
Options

Sensitive diaper users

Did anyone switch to sensitive diapers bc your baby's skin was too sensitive? I wanted to see if it was worth a change. I do Luvs and Pampers (when on sale) and she gets a little rashy. TIA.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Sensitive diaper users

• Options
    LO has very sensitive skin. I have tried a few different types of other diapers and EVERY SINGLE TIME she has broken out in a bad rash. Almost to what I would call a chemical burn - bright, bright red, and blistery looking.

So now we use Pampers Sensitive wipes and regular pampers diapers. If I use those, and let her air out frequently, she's good though.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Ok...I use desitin, A&D, you name it with each diaper change to prevent it and there is still some redness on occasion. DS has eczema and he had diaper rashes as a baby....I hope they aren't correlated. He wears pull ups and has a rash btw his butt cheeks right now.....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use pampers swaddlers and pampers sensitive when she gets red. The sensitives always clear it up! I'm a bit worried though - when I was in target I didn't see sensitives in anything over a size 2 - I need to see if I can order them online.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We do pampers sensitives here. The one time I bought a non sensitive pack I had to pack on the diaper cream, his butt was so red!

@nolagal79‌ they make them up to size 5, I think. I have size 3s right now, got them at walmart :)

Baby L Born 1.21.14 Induction due to ICP

• Options
    Thank you ladies!!!! I'm going to try them out.

• Options
    @valigrl21‌ when my ds had that kind of diaper rash (looked like he was burned) it ended up being a milk allergy- and we didn't find out until 14 months. (After we used similac formula, and milk, yogurt and cheese). But because he didn't have blood in his stool, reflux or other symptoms they didn't diagnose it--- but we fought diaper rash horribly for a long time. We uses pampers too, and it helped the best. Not saying it's the same- but just a thought!
  • Options
    valigrl21valigrl21 member
    edited May 2014
    Jackapatamus - So how did you end up diagnosing it? I have actually been wondering if she has some sort of allergy because when I BF (or she gets a bottle), she scratches her neck - like ALOT. Her neck is really red and rashy, but her doctor just called it a drool rash. She said to stop using soap and keep her clothes dry when she drools or spits up. It's been like that for a few weeks and not really getting any better. Could that be a symptom too?

ETA: I just Love It your comment because I appreciate the info. not because I love that your son went through that - that sucks :(
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Have you tried a brand without chlorine? They are more expensive, earth's best I think is one or honest co. But it could be the chemicals in the diaper itself. I hope you find a solution 
  • Options
    We use Honest Co. Diapers. They are pricey but the pampers sensitive made LO rashy. Not as badly as regular pampers though. We love the Honest co ones. We also use honest co body wash and healing balm on LO.

Im so excited because today I read Honest Co. Is going to be sold in Target starting June 15. I've always wanted to try the brand but never felt like ordering online, and I haven't seen them in any stores around me (if they're even sold in stores).

our little flower born 01.13.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use Huggies pure and clean or 7th generation. Our best strategy against diaper rash, though, is using only water and gauze wipes rather than official diaper wipes. Only time he has ever had diaper rash was while traveling since we just brought a package of regular wipes with us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use Huggies pure and clean or 7th generation. Our best strategy against diaper rash, though, is using only water and gauze wipes rather than official diaper wipes. Only time he has ever had diaper rash was while traveling since we just brought a package of regular wipes with us.
    I second this. I've noticed a huge difference between using wipes and only using water and clean cotton pads. I think the wipes leave their little bums too wet. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    @annnikasoon‌ - do they take their coupons at BBB for those diapers? I have to get a coupon and look, but wanted to see if you've tried yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"