Infertility

New to forum - Lap scheduled 6/2 - nervous!

hiuliuccihiuliucci member
edited May 2014 in Infertility
Hi Ladies!!
My name is Hollie and I am new to the world of infertility. I am 28 year old female (no previous pregnancies) & I have been with my fiance for 4 years (recently engaged on Christmas) :x .. Was hoping to start wedding planning, but now I can't even concentrate on that. Here is my story (I'll try to keep it short) .. Hopefully some of you will be able to give me advice, as right now I am an emotional wreck! 

LONG STORY SHORT: Been with my fiance 4 years - been TTC for past 3 years - no luck!
Since May 2011 I have been under the impression that I have a right ovarian cyst. I fired my first ob/gyn after getting a second opinion, which now he is fired as well. After my last ultrasound I found out I have a hydrosalpinx of the right fallopian tube... Luckily I work in the medical field and was able to pull my past ultrasounds and come to find out - I NEVER had an ovarian cyst... So for the past 3 years my tube has been blocked!! I am FURIOUS over this thought!! Fired the 2nd doc, and now new ob/gyn looked over everything and referred me to a RE, which happens to be his brother. RE is saying I need a laparoscopy to repair/remove the right tube and it is possible that he may have to remove the left as well. They can fit me in as soon as Monday June 2nd, but do I want another opinion??? I am so nervous & scared! Last night met with RE again to sign consent paperwork and he did a SA on my fiance. He is in great shape - olympic swimmer sperm - so obviously I am the issue with my blocked tube. 

I am so lost, furious, sad, upset, overwhelmed - to say the least. I do not know what to do. The possibility of waking up with no tubes scares the crap out of me. Obviously I have to get the surgery. HSG not an option, RE said fluid would sit in blocked tube and create more problems. 
I just can't stop thinking the worst! I know some people will say IVF is an option, but it is expensive and not covered by my insurance (only IUI)... My parents are both older (70's) and I would love to give them a grandchild sooner rather than later. My head is in so many directions. HELP!

Re: New to forum - Lap scheduled 6/2 - nervous!

• I am so sorry to hear that! It makes me so mad that these doctors can go around misdiagnosing people  X(

I did do some research about how the toxic fluid from the hydro gets into the uterus and will pretty much destroy an embryo that is created from the good side. 

So what was the result of your situation? Were they able to repair your tube or did 1 or both get removed?
  • pblgepblge member
    Sorry you're in that position. IF is definitely heartbreaking. I hope that you get to keep one of your tubes.

((hugs))
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. :( IF is very I fair and difficult. After surgery last year and 4 failed IUIs I recently I found out I also have a hydro in my right tube! I will be doing a lap in the near future as well. It is scary but you will get through it!! As for IVF, it is definitely stressful trying to come up with the $$/loans. That's where we are at (in fact just posted about financing last night).

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • I'm just not sure if I should go get a second opinion or tell my RE that he can do what he has to for the blockage on the right side but not to touch my left tube if it's bad. I mean what if there's a 5% chance my left would work to get us pregnant?? I still don't know how I would be able to move on always wondering if we could have gotten pregnant. My fiancé says I'm thinking of the worst and to just let the doctor do what he has too and that this Doctor preserves fertility and wouldn't remove my tube if he didn't have to... Ughhh!!
  • I had all labs checked in Sept 2013 and I brought them with to new ob/gyn and RE. They reviewed them and both said that all my levels are normal and exactly where they should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"