Stay at Home Moms

Disneyworld, universal, Harry potter in December

The first week of December we are hoping to make the boys first trip to disney. DH and I really want to see Harry Potter at Univesal. Has anyone gone, is it worth it? We are staying in a condo out of the park and I doubt we will get a dining plan because of the boys. Any must do things in the area? I think we will be there for about a week. We are planning 2 days at magic kingdoms, 1 day at animal kingdom and 1 day at universal.
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Disneyworld, universal, Harry potter in December

• I've gone to Harry Potter at universal. It was so much fun since I'm such a huge HP fan. The butterbeer is awesome and I highly recommend it. The place to eat at and Honeydukes is all right, if I went back I wouldn't spend as much money on either of them. The rides were also fun, but I don't know how old your boys are and if they could ride there or not. Either way, it's a fun place to go to and definitely worth it IMO.

The only other thing I suggest is if you like roller coasters Universal Studios (which may or may not be a different park from HP it's been 4 years since I went), then go on this roller coaster  https://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Universal-Studios-Florida/Hollywood-Rip-Ride-Rockit-Roller-Coaster.aspx  It has music that you can play before it starts and it's a fun ride. If you hate roller coasters, then stay away. It's kind of a scary one with the big drop in the begining ;)
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Universal expanded their Harry Potter section.  I am not positive, but I think if you want to see both HP sections, you will need a special pass to visit both parks.  

My advice for both parks is to get there before they open.  Those early morning hours tend to be the least crowded and you can get a lot accomplished if you plan wisely.  

My favorite blogs when it comes to planning are 

easywdw.com  and 

orlandoinformer.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Universal expanded their Harry Potter section.  I am not positive, but I think if you want to see both HP sections, you will need a special pass to visit both parks.  

My advice for both parks is to get there before they open.  Those early morning hours tend to be the least crowded and you can get a lot accomplished if you plan wisely.  

easywdw.com  and 

orlandoinformer.com
    My plan is to leave the boys at the condo with grandma and DH and I to buy the pass to both parks.  We usually go away every year for a couple of nights and instead of doing that we'll spend the money on the tickets.  We usually spend about $500 on a 3 day 2/night vacation between hotel, gas and meals so we'll use it on a day at universal instead and save money overall.

My parents are coming on the trip with us so we'll have help.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • @LalaMama81

are you saying to skip Epcot or not?

I just don't foresee the boys enjoying it.  
  • Do the boys like Phineas and Ferb ?  Epcot has an awesome P&F secret agent adventure game.  My nephew did it when he was 4 and said outside of the Jedi Training Academy, it was his favorite part of the trip.  

easywdw.com  and 

orlandoinformer.com
    My plan is to leave the boys at the condo with grandma and DH and I to buy the pass to both parks.  We usually go away every year for a couple of nights and instead of doing that we'll spend the money on the tickets.  We usually spend about $500 on a 3 day 2/night vacation between hotel, gas and meals so we'll use it on a day at universal instead and save money overall.

My parents are coming on the trip with us so we'll have help.

Oh good, I'm glad you got passes for both of Uni's parks.  I have been looking at pics for the new Diagon Alley and it looks fantastic and I haven't even read the books or seen the movie.  
  • I want to see the HP exhibit so badly!  We are not even planning on going to Orlando for a few years and I am already scoping it out.  I am also not above ditching my kids for the day just so I can fully enjoy the whole thing.  On the other hand, DS is not allowed to see the movies without reading the books first and I think it would be so cool to read the book just before going and walk into the story.  

FYI, they were really sneaky with the HP exhibit.  To see the whole thing, you need a pass for both parks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH and I did Harry Potter over New Years in 2010 (before we had a kid), it was so much fun. We plan to go back at some point to do the new part as well. I will admit I have a Harry Potter problem and was more excited than DH, but he had a really good time as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the Harry Potter series and so it was a must while we were there. We rode the forbidden forest ride twice. They are experts on getting people on the rides so the line is always moving.

The new section looks neat too and look forward to going back. You do need a 2 park a day pass to go to both sections and to ride the train.

• Do the boys like Phineas and Ferb ?  Epcot has an awesome P&F secret agent adventure game.  My nephew did it when he was 4 and said outside of the Jedi Training Academy, it was his favorite part of the trip.  

My boys are 4 and 2 but very delayed. They're not really into much but ds1 loves kiddies rides. I just don't think its worth paying for the parks outside of disney for them.
  • auroraloo said:
    I was just there in March.

It's TOTALLY worth it. We stood in line twice, actually.

HP is right now, a part of islands of Adventure. This summer (July?) They are opening up a section at Regular universal studios. Hogsmeade is at IOA and Diagon Alley will be at US, so you will need a park-hopper pass. IMO, you can do both parks in one day anyway, if you get there early. I believe the idea is you take a train (Hogwarts Express?) from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley.
    Now I am so stoked to go! When we take the boys we don't really go on any rides we want to so it will be a blast without them
  • auroraloo said:
    I was just there in March.

It's TOTALLY worth it. We stood in line twice, actually.

HP is right now, a part of islands of Adventure. This summer (July?) They are opening up a section at Regular universal studios. Hogsmeade is at IOA and Diagon Alley will be at US, so you will need a park-hopper pass. IMO, you can do both parks in one day anyway, if you get there early. I believe the idea is you take a train (Hogwarts Express?) from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley.
    They didn't have that when I was there! Now I'm dying to go back.

BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"