December 2013 Moms

My shitty weekend (long story!!!)

To make a long story short... I've had a headache since last Tuesday. Friday I tried chiropractor. Didn't help. Got worse.

Sat vomiting started... Ugh . Went to dr. Prescribed Tylenol with codeine. Made worse!!! Ugh !!

Sunday went to ER with worst headache ever and dehydration. Started Iv. Gave me anti- nausea meds and toridal for pain. It helped. They sent me home. 4 hours later headache comes back.

Call dr Monday morning. He presribed more pain meds but it doesn't touch the pain. End up in ER again. Found a rash under my arm... Did Lymes test. They try more torodal... Doesn't work. Next dilauded.... Finally some pain relief and sleep!!! Ahhhh! Sent me home.

Tuesday ended up at GP. Now I have small rash under my arm and a huge one on my torso. She thinks Lymes disease so I started antibiotics.

Tuesday night I developed a high fever, 104.1, and Bell's palsy!

So I'm pretty miserable right now. Headache seems to be gone... Woohoo.... But still feel worn out.

I think this has mostly likely killed any thoughts I had of EBF for a year. I'm so dehydrated I haven't I'm not even engorged. And I haven't eaten since Friday. Going to try to get my supply up but have serious doubts about not having to supplement.

Please wish me luck!! This was one of the worst experiences I have been through. I actually commented quite a few time that it was worse than labor!!!!

Thank you for listening to my long rant! Here's a squish for your time....

Re: My shitty weekend (long story!!!)

• dupedupe member
    Oh goodness. I'm sorry this is happnening to you, hopefully they figure out something that works better for you. And squishy is adorable. Don't feel bad about the ebf, shit happens and he's not going to be mad at you. He'll be happy just for you to get better.
  • ameegeeameegee member
    I'm so sorry your weekend was that awful!! I hope you feel better soon and can eat soon! Also know that if you have to supplement it's alright! A fed baby is a happy baby! And maybe at the very least it'll be a mix of ff and bf!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man. That's rough. Sending Internet hugs your way. xo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh my goodness I'm so sorry!  That sounds awful. :(  I really hope the worst is over with & you start to feel better quickly!
  • How awful! I hope you recover quickly!
  • lp0lp0 member
    Oh no :( Hope you get better quickly!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Aww man, this sucks! I hope you're feeling better soon :( and I hope your supply gets back to normal. Hugs!
  • That's so awful! I know 2 people that have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease in the past 2 weeks. The ticks are out of control this year! I really hope your on the mend soon, get some rest!
  • Wow, I'm SO sorry! FX that it all goes Away soon.

• Ktrue85Ktrue85 member
    edited May 2014
    So sorry for the rough times.

I developed Bell's Palsy after Jack was 3 months old -- I hope they started you on steroids for it because that'll cut the recovery time down a LOT. Mine lasted 2.5 weeks until I regained most facial movement, by 3.5 weeks I looked normal again. 3 months later I still have some facial tenderness on the affected side but it keeps improving.

Make sure you do facial exercises with your fingers to keep the muscles on the dead side moving -- also very important.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're going through all this!! Hopefully the meds they gave you keep working and you feel better soon!
  • LtpugsLtpugs member
    Ktrue85 said:

So sorry for the rough times.

I developed Bell's Palsy after Jack was 3 months old -- I hope they started you on steroids for it because that'll cut the recovery time down a LOT. Mine lasted 2.5 weeks until I regained most facial movement, by 3.5 weeks I looked normal again. 3 months later I still have some facial tenderness on the affected side but it keeps improving.

Make sure you do facial exercises with your fingers to keep the muscles on the dead side moving -- also very important.

@Ktrue85‌ I called my gp's office late yesterday when it started getting worse. The dr I met with on tues had said she would put me on steroids if that was the case. But the dr on call wanted to wait until the Lymes test came back in and I met with my dr. Hopefully I can get an appt tomorrow.

The worst part is my eye. It's so watery and raw. Did you find anything to help with that?

• I'm so sorry about all of this! I really hope you get better soon.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • I'm so sorry. Hoping your doctor figures it out fast and gets you the right meds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"