September 2012 Moms

Lunch and a question

What's for lunch?

What project (home, backyard, sewing/art...) are you working on now?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: Lunch and a question

• PokedotPokedot member

Lunch will be a salad from Wendys. I forgot to pack one today.

We have a million projects going on right now. Operation swing set is in full blown mode. I'm staining our deck and putting together a shed in the backyard. We're also putting new railing on our front porch. The joys of home ownership. I do get to pay someone to put new gutters, soffit and faschia on though! Woohoo!

• Loading the player...
  • Lunch is some microwavable spicy pad thai noodles.  I hope they are at least edible.

Since the house is for sale, our project right now is just keeping everything maintained so that it can be presentable for showing in a relatively quick amount of time.  We had an agent last week ask to see it within a half hour-  Not gonna happen.  
  • bosha711bosha711 member
    edited May 2014
    I had a yogurt earlier, but I'm still hungry, so I need to go find something else.

We just got a handful of projects done finally. The house, detached garage & privacy fence were power washed, for starters. That had been on our spring cleaning to-do list for the past 3 years. I was so happy to cross that off the post-it, lol.

We also had our gutters & foundation repaired.

I have some flowers from Mother's Day that still need to be planted before they shrivel up completely. I am the worst with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lunch was leftover spaghetti, an apple, and a string cheese.

Right now my project is work. It's crazy this time of year, so my lunch and evenings are mostly scoring teacher observations, coaching emails, checking over teacher data, etc.

• edited May 2014
    Lunch- a sandwich and a yogurt, super exciting. I made brownies last night for my H to take to work and he forgot them so I will be attempting not to have brownies for lunch.

Right now we are trying to clear out clutter. We have three bedrooms; ours, Audrey's and a guest room which is being turned into the nursery. We use the guest room closet to store random stuff, so we are trying to clear that out so we have room for the baby's stuff. I can't wait to have 4 (or more) bedrooms some day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no idea what I am having for lunch, more than likely nothing.

Home projects right now include cleaning from top to bottom, putting stuff back in a manageable way and getting as much stuff as possible put together for a garage sale in two weeks.  Then we still have to decide if we are going to sale or stay.  That is a tough decision to make, but all the numbers point towards sale... which makes me really sad.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Stupid leftovers I didn't eat yesterday that I really don't want to eat today. :-)

And we're stilllll working on the deck, although now that the weather has been more consistent, it is at least coming along very well.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Lunch is a small bag of Cape Cod chips until I get home after 2:30. There's nowhere to eat near my office and I've already eaten one of the office bagels. If I go back in the kitchen for more food, it'll be embarrassing.

Projects=anything we didn't do during the past 6 months like sorting out Ethan's outgrown clothes and reattaching a toilet paper holder that fell off the wall. Pretty sad really. We are looking at houses, so this takes up a lot of our weekend time too.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• jenndubjenndub member
    Maybe Subway for lunch, I haven't decided yet.

I am getting a million things ready for my little brother's wedding this weekend. I'm a bridesmaid, Emma is "Queen of the Flower Girls", Sawyer is a Flower Girl and Beckett is an usher. I'm also trying to get things ready for Beckett's birthday party, it's on June 8th. I have a lot of decorations to create.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Taco salad w/ Trader Joe's Guiltless Guac (which isn't quite as guiltless when you pile on like a cup of it)

We close in 27 days. My project right now is packing/organizing/purging at the current house and obsessively making lists and stressing over the cost of all the projects I want to start in 28 days. Painting, decorating, new furniture (some), refinishing hardwoods, and the list goes on and on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich and a handful of cherries.

I don't think we're actively working on any of our projects.  We need to get DH's car repainted because it's an old Honda with paint pealing off, and I need to get a light installed in the ceiling of the playroom.  Nothing fun, which is probably why progress isn't being made. 

I really want to buy fresh herbs and grow my own herb garden to freshen up my cooking, but that hasn't happened either :-/
  • Lunch was half a sandwich -- homemade bread with coconut-peanut spread and jam -- and an apple. I'm still hungry but am trying to space out my food.

My biggest "projects" right now involve purging our house of outgrown clothing and baby gear and toys. Consignment stores and Craigslist are my friends right now.

• Taco Salad and subway sound phenomenal right now.  I just had greek yogurt though so that will probably be all.

I have a handful of projects to be doing.  First I want to buy a new tree to plant because DH cut down the one that separates our yard from the neighbors.  Then I will be buying house paint for 3 rooms inside the house; both living rooms and the kitchen. (ideas welcome for colors)   Then we need to nail on house numbers.  I'm have various pinterest crafts that involve sewing i want to try.  Then we also have to lay a little grass seed in two parts of the yard.  Nothing huge, just here and there things we could probably have done before July. 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Lunch was a boring protein shake.

I have no projects that I'm working on because I'm super lazy and unmotivated when it comes to the projects. I have a million on my list.

@hmp1, I love the color of that door. I'm not a huge checker pattern fan, but I like the look of the second pic you posted of the floor!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• PokedotPokedot member
    mnkate said:
    Some crispbreads with avocado and turkey pastrami, and a big bowl of steamed broccoli.

We are just finishing up the master bathroom -- the tiler just finished and now it's time for the plumber to work his magic. Then it will be done. I think it looks amazing. Then again, I'm easy to please since I can only compare it to the pink carpeted, dingy mess that it used to be.

DH is also painting all the new doors. Our summer is dedicated to completing the entire top floor - removing all popcorn ceilings, painting trim, new carpet, etc. We're about halfway there.
    I want pictures and since I'm not on IG I don't get to see anything! :( I love before and afters!

• Lunch was lamb gyro meat over a salad - yum! Food trucks finally started stopping near my new office. I am ecstatic.

Projects. The list is never-ending. I am going to repaint my shutters at some point this summer. Our veggie garden is sprouting, so tending to that, trying to figure out what keeps eating my roses, and why our fig tress haven't sprouted any leaves yet is our primary focus.

We travel a lot over the summers, so what normal people are doing, we are putting off again, so we can go somewhere. By mid-July I will be craving a week off just to get crap down around my house.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Annie's Cheddar Snack Mix ;)

I have three bags to sew. I haven't sewn for months. I'm procrastinating on these because I'm nervous. The people are expecting them, though, so I need to get moving.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • An apple and a cheese stick for lunch. We had to put a halt on the basement renovation for a while but I still have the supplies to work on painting all the trim work in our house. I have the kitchen, hallway and keagans room done. Bathroom, living room and other three bedrooms to go.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Cheenomae said:

@hmp1, I love the color of that door. I'm not a huge checker pattern fan, but I like the look of the second pic you posted of the floor!
    My porch is really small so I am just not sure it will look as good even though I do like that overall design better. I'm leaning towards the rectangle tile look because that would be the easiest since it would only require one color of paint.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I had a chipotle chicken wrap with corn salsa.

I have 10,000 projects. First thing is to get this deck built. Ugh.

• lunch is 'bunny chow', which from what i can tell is about 4 lbs of lam stew stuffed into a bread bowl. can we say stress eating?

project is the wedding. just over 3 more weeks! 
  • Lunch was leftover ramen soup from the Japanese place I ate at yesterday. Now I'm thinking of a snack.

The latest project is the master bathroom - it was on the list but got escalated when the tub drain started leaking and put a hole in the kitchen ceiling. The good news is I get to plan a new bathroom, ha. I'm thinking we're going to rib out the jetted tub and do a standing shower only, electronic controls, tons of tile, and a new barn door with glass to separate from the bedroom. I'm excited.
  • Lunch was leftover Chinese food.

We have a zillion projects going on right now top priorities are filling in some cracks, reorganizing the lower level and getting a room ready for 2.0.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    eshee8198 said:
    Lunch was leftover ramen soup from the Japanese place I ate at yesterday. Now I'm thinking of a snack.

The latest project is the master bathroom - it was on the list but got escalated when the tub drain started leaking and put a hole in the kitchen ceiling. The good news is I get to plan a new bathroom, ha. I'm thinking we're going to rib out the jetted tub and do a standing shower only, electronic controls, tons of tile, and a new barn door with glass to separate from the bedroom. I'm excited.
    I kind of want to remove our tub too. We never use it except for a change up for the kids bath every now and then. It is just a huge waste of space.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• miss50miss50 member
    I had the work salad bar that included brocoli raisin salad.  YUMYUM!

So far this year we have built a shed, completed remodeled our bathroom, and started our cement jungle.  Our contractor started the 3rd week in April.  The problem you ask?  We live on an "island" and trucks over a certain weight limit cannot enter the island until June 15th.  So here we sit with 12K in gravel.  I've never wanted June to come so fast in my life.

• oh & I just ordered MH's Father's Day Shutterfly book. It only took me two days to upload & choose the pics, and design & order the book. Go me! This is a world record for the queen of procrastination here.

• hmp1 said:
    eshee8198 said:
    Lunch was leftover ramen soup from the Japanese place I ate at yesterday. Now I'm thinking of a snack.

I kind of want to remove our tub too. We never use it except for a change up for the kids bath every now and then. It is just a huge waste of space.
    I've been thinking how great it would be to ditch our tub too and put in a double shower.

• Hyaline said:
    Lean Cuisine.  I classy.  And have no food in the house--we were gone last weekend and are leaving again tomorrow, so grocery shopping has fallen by the wayside.

Current project: 1770s-80s corset.  Modeled after this originals.  Hey, you asked...lol! 

I know someone who'd love this. (my oldest brother's wife) She has been making them too.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"