One & Done: Only child

Keratin hair treatment

Has anyone had a keratin hair treatment?

I have really thick, coarse hair that's really frizzy and I've been seriously thinking about getting the keratin treatment. By frizzy I mean I cant blow dry my hair and go. I have to flat iron it or I would look like this https://mystylebell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/FrizzyHair.jpg

It would eliminate some of the frizz and make my hair smoother and shinier. Once done it would last about 5 months.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

Re: Keratin hair treatment

• I have never had it but you might also try a Brazilian blow out?... i heard they help too. 
  • Have you tried any of the keratin shampoos/ conditioners?  I use Sally Hershberger's stuff and I swear the shampoo and conditioner has changed the texture of my hair.

My hair is curly and used to be quite frizzy, but now my curls are so managable.  I will try to post a pic where you can see my hair.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • I have had the express blowout done. They apply a conditioner and blow dry it and flat iron the hair to seal it in. Its not the actual keratin though.

It last around 2 months and its somewhere around $150. The keratin treatment is around $300 (depending on hair length) and lasts around 5-6 months.

I wasn't sure is someone who's had one done would have advice.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Have you tried any of the keratin shampoos/ conditioners?  I use Sally Hershberger's stuff and I swear the shampoo and conditioner has changed the texture of my hair.

My hair is curly and used to be quite frizzy, but now my curls are so managable.  I will try to post a pic where you can see my hair.

I haven't but I might give it a try.

I use Nexxus therappee shampoo and conditioner right now. They are a bit pricey for a shampoo but I'd be willing to spend more if something would help out my frizzy hair.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• @helenahhandbasket do you know if Sally's Beauty supply would carry this shampoo?

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• I order the stuff I use from Drugstore.com-- it's maybe 8.00 a bottle.

OK-- here I am-- apologizing in advance if this is huge (and for the demonic smile).  This is my hair after washing with just a small amount of curl cream-- so it's basically wash and wear.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

OK-- here I am-- apologizing in advance if this is huge (and for the demonic smile).  This is my hair after washing with just a small amount of curl cream-- so it's basically wash and wear.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.. I will just slink back into my corner of ugly!! You look perfect with your stupid perfect outfit, and make up, and jewelry... I bet you even have on stupid perfect heels too! 
  • LOL-- stop it Jack.  I have seen your pic too and you ain't nothing to sneeze at, my dear.

And, yes, if I am at work ,  I am in heels.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• @helenahhandbasket you're freaking gorgeous lady!!

My hair is naturally wavy/curly and I will try that shampoo.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• I haven't done it, but would be open to it. Lately I've been using Deva Curl and letting my hair air dry and curl naturally. It's a lot less frizzy.
    I let my hair air dry all the time. I couldn't handle blow drying it, it would just create more frizz.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

Thanks doll! 

Hey for 8.00 a bottle the worst that can happen is clean hear, right?

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Thanks doll! 

Hey for 8.00 a bottle the worst that can happen is clean hear, right?

Its worth a try.

The Nexxus I use right now is almost $30 a bottle and helps a little but not much. Thanks again.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Thanks for the compliments!  ;;)

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• eyenigheyenigh member
    I haven't done it but my friend with coarse, curly hair has and it's been amazing for her. Now she trolls Groupon and gets one every few months. The difference in her hair has been night and day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• eyenigh said:
    I haven't done it but my friend with coarse, curly hair has and it's been amazing for her. Now she trolls Groupon and gets one every few months. The difference in her hair has been night and day.

I might troll Groupon too now.

I'd love to get it done at the salon that I already go to. They're great but its a little pricey.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

You are so cute!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3

You are so freakin' gorgeous!

@TittsMcGee - A keratin treatment is a really good idea.  I have thick wavy/frizzy hair, but never in my life have I had the patience to blow dry or flat iron it myself.  DH always compliments me when I come back with it all smooth from the salon, though.  I should look into this!

I heard somewhere that the Brazilian blowouts were full of formaldhyde and other toxins.  Is that true of the keratin?

The place that I go to says that the keratin they use doesn't contain formaldehyde, but its impossible for it not to contain any.

This is one of the reasons I am leery of it.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

You are so freakin' gorgeous!

@TittsMcGee - A keratin treatment is a really good idea.  I have thick wavy/frizzy hair, but never in my life have I had the patience to blow dry or flat iron it myself.  DH always compliments me when I come back with it all smooth from the salon, though.  I should look into this!

I heard somewhere that the Brazilian blowouts were full of formaldhyde and other toxins.  Is that true of the keratin?
    okay,  Helenahhandbasket, I love your hair! My hair at the frizziest part is super stick straight and the hair below is wavy, so I wouldn't be able to just use a curling shampoo to get it to even look like this. 

also, I heard someplace that keratin treatment and brazilian blowout were basically the same thing. I did get a digital perm once, something you can get at an Asian salon, and you basically get softer, natural looking waves for a few months. it fell out of my hair pretty quickly but I might get it again because I'm tired of flat ironing curls into my hair. 
    imageimageimage
  • @gwendarling-- have you ever tried a diffuser?  It's an attachement for your blowdryer-- you can just scrunch in some product and flip your hair over and go at it with the diffuser.  It encourages curl-- so if you sort of have that in between straight and wavy hair it may help with that.

M&M-- thank you!  I am a little bit of a lipstick fanatic.  I bet you look great in lipstick.  Red is hard, but there's a shade for everyone.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"