Eco-Friendly Family

Intro/Babyganics

Hello everyone. 

I'm new to eco friendly living and just taking things slow. I will soon be taking care of a little girl with down syndrome kind of like foster care but it's permanent and she still sees her parents. Any ways I have her this weekend and I'm hoping to get her on organic/natural things like diapers, shampoo, body wash, lotion ect. And I was looking into babyganics and they seem good but then I read an article that they have chemicals in them and that there not really all that natural. It said something about a chemical that when in use turns into formaldehyde and obviously that is very scary. This article was done in 2012 and it said the company was working on a new formula but I couldn't find any recent articles that said it had happened. I'm just looking for some insight if anybody has any. And if not what are some good baby lines out there for these types of things that aren't too pricey and I can find in stores like walmart, Babies R US or I can ship online to Canada.  Thanks! 

Re: Intro/Babyganics

• Anybody know anything about Walmarts Delora Eco diapers or Attitude eco friendly diapers? 

• Meery82Meery82 member
    edited May 2014
    I really like The Honest Company. We use their diapers, wipes, shampoo/body wash, lotion, dishwasher tabs, laundry tabs, and conditioner spray. We also use Burt's Bees toiletries and wipes, Seventh Generation dishwasher tabs and wipes. I've heard that about BabyGanics before, but they score decently on the EWG scale. We have BabyGanics sunscreen and hand sanitizer. Haven't tried their diapers but they offer lots of coupons. EWG.org is a great website to decide what you want to try. Target diapers are a great cheap choice because they contain less chemicals than other diapers. Bambo Nature diapers are super soft, but pretty expensive.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Meery82 said:
    I really like The Honest Company. We use their diapers, wipes, shampoo/body wash, lotion, dishwasher tabs, laundry tabs, and conditioner spray. We also use Burt's Bees toiletries and wipes, Seventh Generation dishwasher tabs and wipes. I've heard that about BabyGanics before, but they score decently on the EWG scale. We have BabyGanics sunscreen and hand sanitizer. Haven't tried their diapers but they offer lots of coupons. EWG.org is a great website to decide what you want to try. Target diapers are a great cheap choice because they contain less chemicals than other diapers. Bambo Nature diapers are super soft, but pretty expensive.
    We also love the Honest Company. We use the diapers, wipes, shampoo/body wash and a few of their cleaning supplies. I just heard Target is going to start carrying them in June too, although we bundle through the website.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love Honest Co too and they let you refer people, and you get a credit!  I haven't had any problems with their products. I've tried; diapers, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bug spray, wipes, sunscreen and occasionally they send you cute surprises in their diaper box. Oh, I also do their other bundle of home cleaners and more!
    I also use 7th gen for dish wash and dapple soap for bottle/sippy wash. 

Good luck! Cheers to you for taking care of her. How old is she?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• She is going to be 3 next week. 
  • Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"