Working Moms
Options

House cleaner 1x month-worth it?

I'm considering hiring a housekeeper to come in once a month to give the house a good, thorough cleaning. I keep it decent myself, but I'd like someone to do the areas I don't get to as often now that I have LO- bathrooms, baseboards, windowsills. Anyone currently have a once per month cleaning? Is it worth it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: House cleaner 1x month-worth it?

• Options
    We are seriously considering this, too. So I hope you get lots of answers!
  • Options
    ricekezricekez member
    We do 2x per month, one full cleaning and one bathrooms/kitchen only. We did it because our primary source of conflict in our marriage was who's turn it was to clean the bathrooms :). Also, we never dusted and the layer of dust on our furniture was getting ridiculous. The money spent on a house cleaner is the best money we spend; it buys us time to do something other than chores on the weekends.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amelia4Amelia4 member
    We have the cleaners come every 3 weeks and it is awesome. We vacuum inbetween and pick up before they come so they can spend the time actually cleaning. I no longer dust or clean bathrooms. It is amazing and well worth the money. Makes the marriage easier, too, since we no longer argue about who should do what for cleaning.
    imageimage
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    We do every other week.  We've done this for YEARS and we love it.   We primarily love it knowing that our kitchen and bathrooms get a thorough cleaning.  All the rest is just a bonus to us.  :) 
  • Options
    Yes, totally worth it IMO. You may have to try a few to see who works well for you. We have gone to 3 weeks, but did 1x a month for awhile. It is great to have someone do things that I hate/wouldn't get to that often - dusting knickknacks on our bookshelves, vacuuming under couch cushions, baseboards etc. And it is so nice to come home after she has cleaned. She spends about 3.5 hours working her butt off for $100 totally worth it.
    DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012
  • Options
    definitely worth it but not as worth it as twice a month! or my dream, weekly! :) hehe. Just teasing but yes go for it!!!!
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Some of the best money we spend is on our house cleaner. It's a small price to us for not fighting about the house cleaning and for the time it frees up to spend with our family or doing what we want. Ours comes every other week but I think I'm about to look at moving to weekly #3 gets here.  I just need additional help with laundry, dishes, etc.  The deep clean stuff can be done once or twice a month in my mind. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    RedDDDRedDDD member
    Totally worth it!!
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We have every other week, and it is the best money we ever spent. 

We do general clean up in between, but don't need to do anything in between if we don't have time.  We've had to sometimes go a full month due to vacations or schedules, and the house does get dirty.  We definitely have to do more in between, so we love every other week!  If money is an issue, monthly should be fine, you'll just have to do more in between.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also think it's worth it!  We did 1x/month for awhile and just moved it up to 2x/month.  I don't know how the house would stay clean without it.
  • Options
    It is worth so much more than it actually costs. I LOVE having a housekeeper.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    We have someone come once a month, and it is definitely worth it. We hired a wonderful woman who's team does a nice deep clean of the bathrooms and kitchen (even the fridge) and the rest of the place. We can keep up with day to day mess and vacuum once a week or sweep once a week, but the rest was just too much to keep up with after kiddo. It's made our lives so much better and since DH was the one who did the bathrooms, he is so much less stressed now he doesn't have to do it. I'll give up cable before I give up having a housecleaner.
  • Options
    We went to 1x/month when we moved into a larger home because it was still just the two of us and we were trying to reign in costs.
    That lasted about 6 months and we were back to every other week. 
    BUT that's only because we are lazy about cleaning and we both work long hours.
    1x/mo for a deep clean is great, you should try it.  But do get an estimate, sometimes it's not that much cheaper because there's so much more "build up" so it takes longer.
  • Options

I have someone every other week.  It is worth it just for the bathrooms we still clean everything else in-between.  My kitchen is cleaned almost every day ( counters cleaned with granite cleaner, stove wiped down, table cleaned after meals, sink rinsed out and dishes done along with floor vacuumed or swept) but it is nice to know that someone is coming to do a more deep clean every other week things like buffing the granite vs. just cleaning it and cleaning all my appliances.  Unless you don’t care about mess in-between it does not stop the maintenance. I am anal about my baseboards and I will say every service I have had seems to skimp on them so don’t be surprised if they are not done well I only say this because it is on your list.  The bathrooms alone is worth the money to me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have someone come every other week and it is SO worth it!  Esp since with a baby we a) don't have time to clean it that thoroughly ourselves and b) he loves to roll all over the floor so it's nice to know they are freshly mopped/vacuumed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"