1st Trimester
Options

This might be my last post here...

I was spotting all week, and today the bleeding started getting heavier and redder, and I even passed a few clots. I called the doctor and I'm going in for blood work tomorrow and then again on Friday, so I won't know for sure until then. I don't know what to feel as I had my first miscarriage 6 months ago, and if I loose this one too I am so worried I will never be a mother. Anyone else go through multiple miscarriages before having a child?

Re: This might be my last post here...

• Options
    I'm so sorry. :(

No personal experience, but I know many, many ladies who I've met here on the Bump who have had multiple losses and who are now mothers-- some to several healthy children.

Again, I'm so sorry for your previous loss, and I hope that somehow this ends up being something else.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    jaztasticjaztastic member
    edited May 2014
    This no exaggeration. My sister had 11 miscarriages before having my nephew who is a rambunctious healthy 6 yr old. I'm so sorry for what you are experiencing. As a woman with IF I totally understand the fear of never having a child. Best wishes to you.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know that is such a horrible feeling, I've been there. I had my first miscarriage in October, at about 8 weeks (no heartbeat was ever found) followed by another in early January, at about 5 weeks (never even made it to my first prenatal appt).  With the second I felt the same way, like I would never be a mother. I felt completely betrayed by my body.   I am 11 weeks pregnant now, having seen and heard my  baby's heartbeat 3 weeks ago at my 8 week appt!! It was the most amazing experience. Don't give up! If you are a believer, know that God has a plan for you. If you are not, a couple of things I did after my second m/c (BC I am human and felt like I had to do something): I started taking folic acid in addition to my prenatal vitamin, and saw a fertility-specialized accupuncturist. 
    Stay strong!!! :) 
  • Options
    Hang in there. I had 2 early miscarriages in a row, and it was difficult. How far along are you? Several of my friends had bleeding and small clots due to SCHs. I hope that everything turns out okay for you.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am 7 weeks along. I went in for blood work yesterday and today I should be getting those results. I am still bleeding, though not super heavy, and only passed one or two small clots. I'm gonna be glued to my phone today until my doc calls!
  • Options
    lilweenie said:
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am 7 weeks along. I went in for blood work yesterday and today I should be getting those results. I am still bleeding, though not super heavy, and only passed one or two small clots. I'm gonna be glued to my phone today until my doc calls!
    Did they do an ultrasound?
  • Options
     Did they just do the blood draw or did they attempt an u/s or internal as well? I'm sorry that you are going through this, I know how hard it is to be in that situation. I have also takes to a few women who had clots and bleeding and still ended up carrying their pregnancy to term. I certainly hope things turn out well.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    msmeg26msmeg26 member
    Keep us posted!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"