New York Babies

X-post: Tips for quick visit to NYC - out of country visitor

Hi,

We will be in Rutherford New Jersey this weekend for a family wedding.  We're trying to decide if we can manage a quick trip to NYC for a few hours on Saturday.  I'd like to take my little guy into the city, just to say he's been there and take some pics of him n Central Park.

Here are some questions:

Is it a bad idea to try to drive from our hotel (Meadowlands Renaissance) to central park? (We're thinking of driving to a parking lot and then walking a few blocks to the park, staying about and hour and then heading out again)?  

Do you have any parking lot recommendations??

Is there a height restriction on vehicles in any of the tunnels (we have a roof box that makes it hard to go in some parking garages (we're talking about 6'2"). How about parking garages near Central Park?

If you think we should try taking public transit instead can you answer the following for me:
if we bus across what do we do with our 16 month old?  Do we need a car seat for him?
We would bring our stroller (uppababy vista).  Are we going to have to walk everywhere? or is it possible to take the subway?
(the car seat and stroller logistics are why we're thinking of driving in...just easier to have all our crap with us)

additional information - we are at the wedding Friday night and need to be in the Seaside heights area between 2 and 4 pm Saturday afternoon.  What time would we need to leave if we drive in?  How about if we public transit it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TTC since Novemebr 2006 (5 1/2 years) BFP #1 09/29/2011 m/c @ 5w3d BFP #2 05/10/2012 OMG this might FINALLY be it! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: X-post: Tips for quick visit to NYC - out of country visitor

• You'd have to be up and out pretty early if you were to drive or take public transportation.....I live in Staten Island which is close to Jersey, our travel time would be about the same.  Traveling from the city to Seaside on the weekend isn't pleasant and will most likely be tolling on a 16mo. 

If you were to attempt it I would say driving is the way to go and you should leave by 9:30 am.  You'll never make it to Seaside if you take pt into the city and then back to Rutherford.  As far as parking goes, I think most have an 8' limit but it can get fairly expensive.  We usually try to find a spot on the street but make sure you read the parking signs.

https://www.centralpark.com/guide/general-info/parking.html

If you're here for longer I would suggest taking a different day to be in the city instead of rushing so that you could really enjoy it.  Central Park can be a whole day affair in itself.

Happy Travels.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"