Working Moms

nwmr anyone have gallstones?

groovygrlgroovygrl member
edited May 2014 in Working Moms
just curious, if you had symptoms/pain/an attack, did you get the gallbladder removed? It seems that some people wait to see if they have another episode but i dont really want to go through the pain again (it has been about 24 hrs of on & off intense squeezing pain that is getting better today, and a bunch of GI symptoms last night which have gone down thankfully), or end up in a situation where it needs to be removed emergently (or a situation where they'd have to do an open surgery vs lap) and also several ppl in my family have had theirs removed so it seems unlikely that it would be a once & done thing for me, but I don't want to just rush in either.
I would be interested to hear from ppl who went either way...

Re: nwmr anyone have gallstones?

• I had super terrible gallbladder attacks for a few months, and was scheduled to get my GB out. One week before the surgery, I got a BFP pregnancy test and cancelled the surgery, and here I am, haha. I luckily have not had any attacks during pregnancy. I'm keeping an open mind about having  it removed post-pregnancy, if the attacks come back.

There is nothing like the pain of a gallbladder attack!!! 
  • I had some mild symptoms but never a straight out attack. Opted for the surgery given that my mom, her two sisters and her brother all had this issue. I had the surgery on the 20th and recovery is going fine. The size of my stones were significant. The surgeon was confident that I would have trouble in the future if I had waited.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one severe attack and constant pain for upwards of 3 months while pregnant. By and far the worst pain of my life!! Knock on wood I haven't had any more attacks since having the baby in January. If I have one more that puppy is coming out!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"