December 2013 Moms

Can't roll now

DD has been able to roll both ways for about a month now. The last week or so I noticed that when she tries to roll from back to tummy on her play mat she can't now for some reason. Should I be worried that she regressed for some reason?

Re: Can't roll now

• There is no need to worry right now. Your DD is learning so much right now that there might be a little regression as she picks up new skills. Continue to monitor it and if it continues to concern you, then bring it up to your pediatrician at the next appointment. My LO "forgot" how to roll front to back for over 2 months and has just recently started doing it again, though not consistently and still forgets sometimes.

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• My son forgot how to roll belly to back a few weeks ago too. We just practiced doing it for a few days. I would help move his arm and hip, to show him how to roll. After doing that a bunch of times, he seemed to pick it back up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My LO was also rolling both ways but has seem to have forgotten how to roll from tummy to back the last few days. I think it's because she has been learning how to sit unassisted and would rather be sitting now instead of being laid down.
  • Nah. DD2 has rolled over twice, and then promptly never did it again. She's just not that interested. I don't worry.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"