December 2013 Moms

Ok what the hell...

So, I've never thought BM tasted very good TBH, but I just thawed some from my stash to use & thought I'd take a sip to make sure it was good, & I about threw up (& kinda wish I had). The other bag I thawed was the same. I don't really know why? Ugh. They didn't smell bad even, but it tasted like spit up, ugh so gross. :(. I feel like I don't really know how to tell if it's good since I already don't care for the taste. Any pointers? I'm hoping I didn't just toss good milk but I just can't imagine her drinking that.

Re: Ok what the hell...

• @herc, thanks for the link. It's weird, I've actually read about that before, but just never thought that's what it would taste like. I read down in the comments though & a lot of people mentioned the spit up taste. I wonder if LO would've drank it. ::shivers:: She has never refused thawed milk before so maybe she would have...I just can't imagine though. Ugh.
  • edited May 2014
    jordanm24 said:

@herc, thanks for the link. It's weird, I've actually read about that before, but just never thought that's what it would taste like. I read down in the comments though & a lot of people mentioned the spit up taste. I wonder if LO would've drank it. ::shivers:: She has never refused thawed milk before so maybe she would have...I just can't imagine though. Ugh.

You're projecting your taste preferences and relationships/associations/likes&dislikes onto your little one, which may not be appropriate. She doesn't have the same frames of reference or taste bud "memory". :)

Eta for clarity
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Loading the player...
  • I have lipase issues with my thawed milk and LO drinks it with no problems.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Ok so I just thawed some milk from just a few days ago instead, just in case that other milk was somehow old. To compare I tasted that too, & although it didn't make me want to vomit quite as much it was still pretty gross to me. I probably do have that lipase issue. Moral of the story I guess is that I will no longer be tasting any milk, lol, I'll just be letting LO decide. Hopefully my whole stash is not lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"