2nd Trimester
Options

sex after cerclage

hey everyone!! so i had a cerclage put in a 15 weeks due to an incompetent cervix, the procedure went well and i'm now 19 weeks pregnant... however my fiance and i are a bit scared to have sex.... the doc said it was ok we just have to be careful but i'm still a bit paranoid about it... what do you guys think? anyone has any experience with this?

Re: sex after cerclage

• Options
    Both times I have had mine I was put on pelvic rest and told absolutely not to do anything. The first time around I was so nervous nothing went near anything until that baby came out......this time around I've been so sick and miserable I don't want anything going near anything! Good luck!
  • Options
    I'd go with whatever your doctor recommends, obviously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    takmjstakmjs member
    I've heard from a lot of women who've had cerclages to be on pelvic rest. However, I just had my cerclage put in yesterday and when I asked about restrictions, I was told, "there aren't any." Still, I knew this cerclage was coming this pregnancy after having a 30 weeker, so as soon as I got my BFP, my husband said "here's to a year without sex." I'm personally not willing to risk having sex, taking baths/swimming, lifting heavy things, etc. b/c I've been through the preemie experience (feeling like you failed as a mom) and I'm one who would ask myself "what if's" later. I'm not one with a big sex drive in the first place, though, so it's not a huge issue for me like it is for some couples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"