July 2014 Moms
Options

Must have's: ointments, ear care, creams, gas preventative

Recommend your favorite diaper bag/first aid solutions for baby. I (FTM) have no idea what I need or what's good to have on hand.

So let's hear it: what products do you love?!

Re: Must have's: ointments, ear care, creams, gas preventative

• Options
    Gripe water and mylicon drops.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    None of the above worked for DS (just my experience). Aquaphor is a must for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Manual nasal aspirator (the kind where you suck the snot out) and saline drops for stuffy noses. We used Ovol for gassiness but I don't think it really worked, so we used Enfamil Gentlease formula and I think that helped. Good to have baby Tylenol, too, though I don't think we used it for a few months.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    nicole336nicole336 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a FTM  but a good thermometer is a must! Just an FYI in high fever situation most docs will ask for a rectal temp. We also have a temporal thermometer for low grade stuff.

ETA: grammar is hard.
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I plan on taking coconut oil to hospital for his butt. Will help to apply it before the meconium poop strikes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In my diaper caddy I have the following items (and they've been there since DS came home):
    Diapers
    Wipes
    Dr. Smith Diaper rash cream 
    nose aspirator/q tips/alcohol wipes/
    gripe water (never used)
    Medela nipple cream
    Boogie wipes

I will be getting a different diaper caddy when DD gets here and just use the separated compartments for the different sized diapers but keep all the misc. stuff in it.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Now I will google what all this shit is and is used for LOL

QUESTION: I have coconut oil that I use for cooking (from Trader Joe's)... It is too hard and wax-like to spread on nipples and or baby's butt. Is there a more appropriate kind or do I just hear it up or something?
  • Options

I co sign Tylenol and Aquaphor.

@birthjunkie13 ,probiotics for mom or baby?  I take a probiotic and know the benefits, but are they available for babies?

• Options

Thanks ladies! Now I will google what all this shit is and is used for LOL

QUESTION: I have coconut oil that I use for cooking (from Trader Joe's)... It is too hard and wax-like to spread on nipples and or baby's butt. Is there a more appropriate kind or do I just hear it up or something?

@chrinikki1‌ The coconut oil will melt fast in your hands. Just scoop out a small amount and rub ur hands together. I use coconut oil as lotion and on my stretch marks everyday. It is great.
  • Options
    I also keep Children's Benadryl on hand. It's not something to give to young babies, but when we started solids, I wanted to have it in case DS had an allergic reaction. We did wind up using it (after an emergency call to the pedi) b/c he started getting red welts on his face after eating peanut butter, but he was over a year old.

• Options
    Saline drops, aquafor, and tissues. DD had terrible diaper rash, and it was key to dry her off after wiping.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I plan on taking coconut oil to hospital for his butt. Will help to apply it before the meconium poop strikes.

Does this help it not to stick so bad?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My super short not all inclusive list: aquaphor, triple paste, saline, and the hospital bulb syringe ( the ones in those kits never work as well) , boogie wipes are awesome, nail clippers & emery boards, Tylenol.......

• Options
    For diaper changes away from home.. How would you carry the coconut oil with you? I'm assuming you wouldn't bring the entire jar? Are there places to buy smaller quantities, or do you just use coconut oil while at home?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

For diaper changes away from home.. How would you carry the coconut oil with you? I'm assuming you wouldn't bring the entire jar? Are there places to buy smaller quantities, or do you just use coconut oil while at home?

I usually just transfer a portion into a small tupperware.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options

Motherlove nipple cream, coconut oil and probiotics.  For a bad diaper rash, Boudreaux triple strength butt paste (not cloth diaper safe, but coconut oil is and clears up almost all rashes).  I always keep Honest Co. suncreen and bug spray in my diaper bag too along with the healing balm.  

We are like cream twins!!! (That sounds dirty, lol.)

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"