September 2012 Moms

Disney World

Hi! We are going to Disney World this September right before our girls turn two. 

Has anyone went with toddlers? Any tips or things we must do while there?

TIA!

Re: Disney World

• Disboards is awesome! Get to the parks at opening because you can walk on rides. Go back to the hotel in the afternoons to rest. Character meals are fun and a good way to meet them without waiting in line.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'd go in with the expectation that 2 yr olds aren't going to make it 12 hrs at the park. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a parent yell "we've spent a lot of money on this trip. You will have fun." To a crying toddler at 10pm before fireworks. Mid day naps are amazing.

Chef mickeys is my favorite character meal. Book reservations early before they run out.

Epcot is boring for 2 yr old. Unless you must see it, skip it.

Best ride at the animal kingdom is the safari ride. Go straight there 1st thing in the am. More animals are out before it gets hot. Wait for the last row. 100% worth it.

Magic kingdom is where it's at. Do fast passes for Peter Pan and space mountain. Or the new seven dwarfs ride.

Personally, I like your guide mike. It's like $20, but he gives a recommendation on what day to go to which park based on what's happening on that exact day (festivals, magic hours, races, etc). We rarely wait in lines anymore.

We had season passes when we lived there so DS1 went all the time between 18m-3. We go about once a year now. It's an awesome trip as long as your expectations keep in mind that they are little.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We just went in March.

We went planning on going back to the hotel for the afternoon, but unless your hotel is on-site and is easy to get to, wasn't worth it for us. So we stayed and DS fell asleep in the stroller and we walked around and did some rides that he couldn't do.

Make sure you get a rider switch pass for those rides that little one can't do (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder etc.) DH would ride first and then I would just go up the fast pass lane.

Be careful when planning your fast passes. We got there right at opening and they tried to give us fast passes for 10:00 when in reality we just walked on. We said we wanted them later so they changed them and when we went to those rides we just walked right on. Peter Pan, Little Mermaid were really good for fast passes!

We didn't do a dining plan. We just brought snacks in with us for DS. We would eat supper there usually.

I didn't think DS would like SeaWorld (I know it isn't really Disney!), but he loved it. They have a huge kids area that he loved and a splash pad which was awesome.

DS was very happy just sitting in the stroller and watching people come down rides when we were waiting for DH.

May not seem like a big deal, but often the littles could just sit on your lap and ride. I didn't know that, it would have been better to have known in the beginning!

• Thanks for all the tips!  We are so excited to go (or maybe it's me that's really excited lol).  I'm hoping we can go back in the afternoon to the hotel for a nap and to relax a bit.  Has anyone did the Halloween Party?  We booked tickets for it. I figured we would do it since who knows when we will be able to go again.  

Definitely will check out Disboards.  
  • We were there in April. We couldn't have gotten through without going back to the hotel for the kids to nap. We loved Fast Passes so we didn't have to wait in line for the stuff we really wanted to see. Character breakfasts are great, but your LO might be afraid. DS loved the characters, but DD was completely freaked out by almost everyone. The meal plan was great too. It was flexible but offered enough choices. Definitely get the app so you can change fast pass times as you go (in case you get to a ride and there's no line and you don't want to waste a fast pass). Also, the carrier was a godsend for DD. She often fell asleep on the go, so we didn't have to worry about taking her in and out of the stroller all day.

• We are going in October and seeing this post made me stupid excited. We are going with my cousins so I am looking forward to having the additional people.

My plan is to get up and go and come back to the hotel for lunches and naps. Then we will play it by ear depending on the day. So much changes with L from month to month that it will be a bunch of last minute planning, go with the flow stuff.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • @flamingemu  I'm the same way! I think I may be more excited than the kids  :D
  • We are going in July and I am super excited. We are actually only going to be there for 2-3 days so I am still deciding what parks I'd like to do other than Magic Kingdom. What resort is everyone staying on? I really love Walt Disney Swan and the fact that is has a free shutte to the park and boat to Hollywood Studios and character dining on site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"