November 2013 Moms

State of your period.

Is your menstrual cycle back to normal? I always had very regular periods before giving birth, but it's been whacky since. My period since has started Feb 16, March 12, April 16, and May 23. As some of you know we are TTC. It's hard to know when prime time is with a period that is all over the place. I am 37 so I'm wondering if its maybe my age. I know we could just dtd every night just to be safe but I believe in working smarter, not harder. So is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just nature reminding that my clock is seriously ticking?

Re: State of your period.

• cagoldicagoldi member
    edited May 2014
    Amazingly enough, mine are coming around exactly every 28 days. I have severe endometriosis and my periods were always crazy unless I was on hormonal BC. They're as painful as ever, but they're only really heavy for the first 2 days now. Before I would have very heavy bleeding for the first 4-5 days.

ETA: I think my period came back around 12 weeks PP. I was still EP, but my supply was practically non-existent at that point.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also haven't had a period yet, but I had Mirena inserted at 8 weeks PP. My periods were always regular on hormonal BC. I wanted to stay away from the pill so IUD it is.
    Married July 12, 2013
    Jack Donovan born November 9, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my first pp period at 8 weeks pp. I had the copper IUD put in, and since then I have had a full period every other week. I finally went to my midwife, and she put me on the pill for 2 months to reset my hormones. It has been a bitch. I'm currently mid month of the first bc pill pack and I'm spotting, but not full period. My midwife told me to expect that. Hopefully it all goes back to normal soon.

• justMaikejustMaike member
    edited May 2014
    I surprisingly woke up on a Japanese flag this morning ha first PP Period in almost 7 months.
    It's not too bad at the moment, started out very light and is a little heavier now with mediocre cramping. Let's see what happens after the first and how frequently it'll occur.

• Oh my gosh... Ok I don't feel so weird now. I guess I need to learn the temp and charting method, never done it! Thanks lasies!! @justMaike‌ , Japanese flag!!!! That is hilarious!
  • Lol... ladies. Not lasies. I hate this phone.
  • Every 34 days since LO was 2 months old..
  • I had the Mirena placed at 8 weeks PP, got one period the next week, and haven't had one since. I'm EBF though, so between that and the Mirena, I guess AF has decided to leave me alone.

• Mine came back 3 mos pp. Regular 28-31 days between cycles lasting 4 days. Same as always. I have never gotten any real break from af despite extended ebfing all 3 of my kids. :/
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have the Mirena and I'm EP...I haven't had mine since Januanry 2013. So we shall see, I'm hoping it stays away for a while!
  • I have had mine off and on since H turned 6 months (April 20th)...so I'll bleed for a few days and then nothing for a week and repeat! So annoying! I'm going to go back on the regular pill soon and hopefully that will regulate me!
  • Nonexistent! But I only had one in 6 months after going off the pill so I assumed I was not ovulating... Well I was obviously ovulating :) also I am still EBF. So no worries (and no hassle!)
  • mmm50mmm50 member
    Got mine about 3 months pp, still EBF/pumping now.  It used to be every 28 days like clockwork, now it's one day longer each time between cycles (was 28, now it's up to 32 days between).  The first couple were hell, but they're back to normal (4ish days) now.  

I used OPKs this month for the heck of it (they were going to expire in a month or so and we aren't TTC until next year), and I'm definitely still ovulating mid cycle (day 15 or 16).  I love the digital clear blue OPKs with the smiley faces.  I recommend them if you are looking for one.  
  • Mine hasn't come back yet either, still EBF. It came back at 9 weeks pp with DD1 so I'm happy that it's stayed away so long this time. Even if it has made me a bit paranoid that I could be pregnant despite using condoms and the mini pill. I keep worrying I'll wind up on that I didn't know I was pregnant show. ;)

And I second charting for TTC. I charted with our first, and even though it took 18 months to get knocked up it was nice to know 'why' (super short LP). I totally recommend reading or skimming Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn more, and/or using www.fertilityfriend.com to track (they've got an app too).
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nothing here either. EBF too. I temped and charted with both DSs. I loved it because it made things more predictable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @bglovesbabyk‌ I'm also very curious about temp/charting! Never done it before, but will probably start in a few months to get a better picture of it all.

...stupid (?) question - just came to mind and am curious! - maybe someone knows..
    Does breastfeeding alter temperature in any way?

• shanbp said:

justMaike said:

@bglovesbabyk‌ I'm also very curious about temp/charting! Never done it before, but will probably start in a few months to get a better picture of it all.

...stupid (?) question - just came to mind and am curious! - maybe someone knows..
    Does breastfeeding alter temperature in any way?

I don't think it messes with your temp, but sleep is a big part of it, so temping/charting isn't reliable if your LO doesn't sleep well
    This. You need at least 3h of uninterrupted sleep; if you can keep the hour when you wake up consistent, great, but having a chunk of uninterrupted sleep is more important.
  • Still no AF here. I EBF so it could still be awhile. I hope it comes back soon though because I'd really like to be KU by L's first birthday.
    Anniversary
  • Nothing here. I'm BFing.

With DD1, I got my first PP period at 15 months, 3 weeks after we completely weaned. So I don't expect it anytime soon.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Still no AF here. I EBF so it could still be awhile. I hope it comes back soon though because I'd really like to be KU by L's first birthday.

Same here. Except C is eating solids but still nursing a good amount.
  • Mine came back when DS was 4 months - about a month after I had gone back to work and started pumping every 4 hours or so instead of feeding/pumping every 3 when I was still home. 

• Nothing going on over here yet, but I'm still BF.
    I just dropped a pumping session so curious if it'll return soon?
    I'm half hoping it does because I'm nervous to be pregnant again, I want to wait maybe another year before even considering, but I'm sure once it returns I'll wish it away again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"